Nikon Monarch 3 4-16x42

danno in va

Can the board advise me on the quality of Nikon's current production and where they're being made? It would ride a .270 sporter.

i'm also wondering about the reputation of this model and company.

Thanks so much...dan

I’ve had that model for several years. Solid scope, step up from pro-staffs. Metal turret caps, side focus, nice clicks on turrets. Think Phillipene made and decent quality over Chinese scopes. Mines the BDC model, crosshairs are a little thick. Nice scope for the money.
Edit: I may be wrong this scope is Japan, and the package scopes and prostaffs may be the Philippine made ones. This scope clarity wise is better than the Leupy’s vx1 and vx2.

Last edited:
Actually I’ve got two of them. Both were on .308’s, now ones on a 6.5 Creedmoor. They held zero great for me, haven’t been dialing for range though turrets are well marked in moa and you could. Nikon spot-on baliistic app works good for the bdc reticle on the scopes. I’ll say again, crosshairs are a little to thick but usable. Got both of these when 3rd Generation we’re closing out their Nikon line. Paid around $360 each, so I thought they were a good value at that price.

Back