Zeiss Optics

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ô Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#3176297 - 12/07/18 01:12 PM Re: A review of the JV Hunting Evangelist Scope. The best scope on a budget? [Re: liliysdad]
KjBeachy Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: VA - Virginia
Originally Posted By: liliysdad
Originally Posted By: KjBeachy
This scope is absolutely not German....its just another version of the same old recycled Chinese scope thats been on the market for years.

I'll pass...

Not to be rude, but how do you know?

You can be rude, I don't mind.

I know because the price tells me. I know because the junk quality you reported tells me. I know because I have watched these hokey things for a couple of years now on the various FB groups. I know because I have seen that same scope body on Chinese scopes for years.

Well, it may be Chinese, but it some of the better Chinese i have seen. Like i said, it works for me. So im happy

#3176298 - 12/07/18 01:13 PM Re: A review of the JV Hunting Evangelist Scope. The best scope on a budget? [Re: AWS]
KjBeachy Offline
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted By: AWS
Getting something made in Germany and selling it at the price of low end Asian manufactured scopes seems really impossible (too good to be true). Maybe a sweat-shop of illegal Syrian refugees.

From your description it wouldn't be something I'd even accept on a low end scope from Buschnell, Vortex or any of the common manufactures. Fisheye on the low end and fuzzy on the high just don't cut it, even a Mueller APV is better than that and they have a lifetime warranty.

Sorry, you miss understood me. Yes, a tiny bit of fisheye at 4.5, but no, it's not fuzzy at the high end

#3176309 - 12/07/18 01:48 PM Re: A review of the JV Hunting Evangelist Scope. The best scope on a budget? [Re: KjBeachy]
McGraw Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Texas
KjBeachy
I get your point that this scope fits your quality and price point that you need, and itís good that youíve shown it for someone else looking for that type of scope. I also agree that Nightforce scopes are also overpriced just because of their name. Nevertheless, Iím going to try to scratch up every last dollar of the price of a NXS to get one. Thatís because of their tracking and quality reputation for dialing for LR shooting.
Just kinda bugs me these guys say itís German made and throw a cross on it to put money in their pocket.
Bottom line is I agree with you. We all are going to buy what we want and what makes up happy.

#3176317 - 12/07/18 02:27 PM Re: A review of the JV Hunting Evangelist Scope. The best scope on a budget? [Re: McGraw]
KjBeachy Offline
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted By: McGraw
KjBeachy
I get your point that this scope fits your quality and price point that you need, and itís good that youíve shown it for someone else looking for that type of scope. I also agree that Nightforce scopes are also overpriced just because of their name. Nevertheless, Iím going to try to scratch up every last dollar of the price of a NXS to get one. Thatís because of their tracking and quality reputation for dialing for LR shooting.
Just kinda bugs me these guys say itís German made and throw a cross on it to put money in their pocket.
Bottom line is I agree with you. We all are going to buy what we want and what makes up happy.

Exactly my point. And if i had the chance, I would buy a nf, just because lol

#3176321 - 12/07/18 02:40 PM Re: A review of the JV Hunting Evangelist Scope. The best scope on a budget? [Re: KjBeachy]
pyscodog Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: okla
I've seen this same scope body on several scopes a couple of guys use to have. They were Chinese and were paying about a hundred bucks for them off E-bay or Amazon. They came straight from China. They thought they were great for the money. I just couldn't get on that wagon. Another similar scope was Seal. More Chinese junk. If it broke, you had to deal with a guy that spoke no English. But as was already said, its your dime, if it suits you, thats what matters.

#3176351 - 12/07/18 05:04 PM Re: A review of the JV Hunting Evangelist Scope. The best scope on a budget? [Re: KjBeachy]
liliysdad Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Oklahoma

Well, it may be Chinese, but it some of the better Chinese i have seen. Like i said, it works for me. So im happy

It was German, and now maybe its Chinese? Of course its Chinese....and I doubt some fella in his living room has the chops to ensure QC even remotely close to "some of the better Chinese" like Athlon.

Just another cheap scope trying to sell on smoke and mirrors. Glad it works for you, and if you are happy with them I would definitely keep buying them....just dont try to shill for them quite so hard.

#3176658 - 12/08/18 10:57 PM Re: A review of the JV Hunting Evangelist Scope. The best scope on a budget? [Re: KjBeachy]
pyscodog Offline
PM Junkie

ZOS was the name of the scopes those guys at the club were buying. Just found them on e-bay tonite. For a whopping $84 you can get a 6-24x50 with a sunshade covers and rings. And its illuminated to. Straight out of China. Looks just like the Evangelist. The guys that were using them thought they were great scopes.....for the money.

#3176709 - 12/09/18 09:12 AM Re: A review of the JV Hunting Evangelist Scope. The best scope on a budget? [Re: KjBeachy]
KjBeachy Offline
Seasoned Member

I think there is probably a dif between my scope and the one u were talking about. Just sayin

#3176913 - 12/09/18 10:41 PM Re: A review of the JV Hunting Evangelist Scope. The best scope on a budget? [Re: KjBeachy]
liliysdad Offline
Die Hard Member II

I think there is probably a dif between my scope and the one u were talking about. Just sayin

What are the differences?

#3176962 - 12/10/18 10:00 AM Re: A review of the JV Hunting Evangelist Scope. The best scope on a budget? [Re: liliysdad]
Brownie Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Walla Walla, Washington, U,S,A

About 66 dollars

#3176975 - 12/10/18 10:52 AM Re: A review of the JV Hunting Evangelist Scope. The best scope on a budget? [Re: KjBeachy]
pyscodog Offline
PM Junkie

thumbup1

#3177005 - 12/10/18 01:18 PM Re: A review of the JV Hunting Evangelist Scope. The best scope on a budget? [Re: Brownie]
KjBeachy Offline
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted By: Brownie

About 66 dollars

And the German glass, and the bits and pieces that were made in Japan

#3177009 - 12/10/18 01:39 PM Re: A review of the JV Hunting Evangelist Scope. The best scope on a budget? [Re: KjBeachy]
pyscodog Offline
PM Junkie

Mr. KjBeachy, I think you've been hoodwinked.

#3177022 - 12/10/18 02:19 PM Re: A review of the JV Hunting Evangelist Scope. The best scope on a budget? [Re: KjBeachy]
liliysdad Offline
Die Hard Member II

And the German glass, and the bits and pieces that were made in Japan

Who makes the glass? Whey German over LOW? What Japanese bits are they shoving into an obviously Chinese tube?

#3177033 - 12/10/18 02:47 PM Re: A review of the JV Hunting Evangelist Scope. The best scope on a budget? [Re: KjBeachy]
KjBeachy Offline
Seasoned Member

This comes strait from the owner. "The old ones were assembled im China. Parts came from Germany, Japan, and China." He has told me specifically that the glass is made in Germany, but he never told me by who for "legal reasons". Now i can see why this sounds fishy, i agree, however, i cannot believe that glass coming from China itself would be that clear. Maybe i have been hoodwinked, i don't know.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  reb8600 

© 2000-2008 Predator Mastersô, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.