Recision Reloading

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3176010 - 12/06/18 04:10 PM Re: Reloading equipment Help? [Re: BangFlop]
pyscodog Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: okla
I think the most important piece of equipment mentioned was a book, a manual on reloading. Really doesn't matter what kind as long as it has the basic steps to reloading in it. Youtube has tons of video's on "How to". Watch a few of them. And as also mentioned, if you have a friend that reloads, go watch him and check out his equipment.

P.S. Buy or build a case puller. Sooner or later you'll need it. thumbup1

#3176071 - 12/06/18 07:48 PM Re: Reloading equipment Help? [Re: GLShooter]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: S. Texas
Originally Posted By: GLShooter
Originally Posted By: hm1996
^^^^Do I detect a bit of wear on the allen screw, Greg? lol

Regards,
hm

I've had that since 1976 and I will admit I've had to use it on occasion. I can say though that 90% of those were from assistance with the Dillon press plate. They are cut generously and don't hang on to the rim like a standard shell holder. Being parsimonious, stingy, with HOS is the road to the drill and working out my biceps..LOL

Greg

You're right about the Dillon plates, Greg. Guess they have to be a bit sloppy to index multiple cases easier.

Regards,
hm

If My people will humble themselves, pray, seek My face & turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven & will forgive their sin & heal their land.

#3176096 - 12/06/18 08:27 PM Re: Reloading equipment Help? [Re: Rustydust]
EMP3 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: So Cal
Originally Posted By: Rustydust
It would be good if you knew someone that reloaded and could take you through the process of how it's done. YouTube is great but not as good as hands on. And if you keep on eye on Craigslist some real bargains can be found from time to time. Local gun shows always have plenty of used presses and dies and like was mentioned already when you stay with a name brand like RCBS it would be difficult to go wrong. I bought my RCBS Rock Chucker press in 1973 and am still using it today for all my reloading needs.

^^^Excellent info^^^

Don't spend a fortune until you know what you're gonna need.

#3176100 - 12/06/18 08:29 PM Re: Reloading equipment Help? [Re: AWS]
EMP3 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: So Cal
Originally Posted By: AWS
Over the past 50 years I've used just about everyone's presses, powder throws, dies, scales and trimmers except some of the newer stuff. All of the top of the line presses are pretty much equal, there is nothing a RCBS Rockchucker can do that a Lyman Crusher, Lee Cast Classic, Hornady LNL can't do equally as well. Most powder throws are pretty much the same if they have Micrometer adjusting. Powder scales again most are close to the same, magnetic dampening (ALMOST UNIVERSAL NOW) is nice but I do have an of Redding oil dampened that I use and like.

I have on my bench a Lyman Crusher and Lee cast classic turret for all my rifle loading, I use the Layman Crusher for most of my case forming, the Lee does almost all my actual loading as I can have all my dies set up in turets and just swap a turret in and not have to do any adjusting. I have an old Lyman Tru-line Jr turret press with a 7/8x14 head on it stashed away from when I loaded allot of small stuff, pistol and the bugs(Hornet and Bee)

Powder throws by Lyman, Redding, Pacific, Hornady, RCBS, Seaco, Herters and I just gave away a really nice huge C&H(it held at least a pound of powder) and I have Midway pistol measure.

Dies by C&H, Hornady(my personal favorite), Redding, Forester, Herters, Bonanza, Lyman, a really unique neck die from a Reloading shop in Burien, WA.

My bench is an eclectic 50 year collection of reloading stuff, junk went down the road early.

Good luck withyour new hobby, it never gets old and you always keep learning.

^^^Lots of excellent info in this^^^

I pay a lotta attention to people with experience.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Matt1953 

Forum Stats
56156 Members
88 Forums
335972 Topics
3160195 Posts

Max Online: 4372 @ 01/25/15 10:27 PM
Today's Birthdays
coyote buster, DylanD, L.E.Deason, nite stalker, PimC, redneckdream, Ronald, Smith0976, Tater Ridge, taterridge
© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.