Scent free soap that doesn't cost $5 per bar

I have shot many deer that were down wind that I had to drop my cigarette before I shot. I try to play the wind but its not always possible so I just light up.

Forget the Wind is a product that actually eats human bacteria, thus the smell. There is no smell to this product.

I used to get busted rattling and grunting up bucks to my tree, no more. Had a doe bed down at the base of my ladder stand with my back pack just behind the ladder, it of course had been sprayed with Forget the Wind.

I had two bucks fighting 20 feet in front of my ladder stand that was 8' off the ground. Over 20 other deer were milling around, they did not smell me or my tracks, I had a doe standing right beside my ladder stand for 20 minutes, her body was almost touching my ladder.

I had 4 coyotes walk in on the cow trail that I had walked on, all with their noses to the ground. They never smelled me and the trail was 10' from my ladder stand. Later on, 6 does walked down the same trail, only one long nose doe in the rear flicked her tail.

I could go on and on. I don't use the laundry detergent, just spray my clothes, turn the clothes inside out and spray them good at night when I get home to be ready for the next day of hunting. I spray the inside of my cap, spray some in my hands and rub on my neck and face(exposed skin).

I was in Az on an elk hunt by a watering hole. I built a stand out of longs and dead limbs, wanted to kill one with a 44 Mag. Elk were all over me with half a dozen within 6', and I could actually have touched them with the gun barrel, none were shooters.

I called in two black bear in Az, none smelled me. They were not shooters.

Ignorance abounds, with crap like, "you can't fool a dog's nose" kind of BS.

Jeez, a season's worth of hunting product on the Forget the Wind may cost $30 including postage.

Quote:Ignorance abounds, with crap like, "you can't fool a dog's nose" kind of BS.

well crap! guess i am in the ignorant camp. i honestly do believe "you cant fool a dogs nose". oh well.

check out this link. or don't.
grin.gif
https://mythresults.com/hair-of-the-dog

I don't recall having a blood hound call in my box, or on my caller.

I don't try and fool blood hound's noses or drug dogs either.

Fooling a blood hounds nose or a drug dog is quite different than fooling a deer, coyote, elk, bear's nose, and I think that this analogy is part of the disconnect in learning.

I and many others have been doing this for a long time, nothing new..kinda like indoor toilets vs the outhouse.

Fooling a coyote's nose is really simple stuff, just imagine if a trapper never put a "lure" near or on his traps. He then would have to resort to only using snares which are illegal in a lot of states.

Lures and scent eliminators are just tools in the tool box. If you like giving the coyote an advantage, just don't use them. If you are hunting in an area that has cover, then coyotes bust you and you NEVER know it. If you walk to a stand on an old two track road, coyote comes down that same road, you are busted. Coyote circles down wind, catches your scent cone, you are busted.

I am a half way decent shot on shooting coyotes on the walk and trot, but when they catch your scent cone it is like trying to hit an F16 with a sling shot.

I enjoy watching a coyote circle down wind, and I know that when he catches the scent of those sardines and/or Rabbit urine, he is going to come in...question is how fast will he be charging and what kind of cover is he going to use between me and him. When you have two or more coyotes smell the same attractant, then they charge in ignoring the guns shots very often.

One time we killed three on a stand, drug them up to the mules we were hunting off of, and all of us took a leak. Well, a coyote ran right through the middle of all three of us, and none of us had a gun in our hand!

When you dilute your scent, you will see some incredible stuff over time. If you spray some rabbit urine on the bottom of your boot, it will help dilute the gasoline that you stood in pumping gas at the convenience store, putting some coyotes right at the end of the gun barrel that is laying in your lap.

If diluting your scent is similar to fooling a blood hound's nose in your mind, you will never learn one of the great secrets of hunting that is very, very simple and inexpensive.

Your hobby, your success or failure.

Different kinds of people in this world, which does not mean that some little thing like this makes one person better or smarter than another. It is just like the Apostle Thomas did not believe that Jesus had Risen from the Dead when he was told, he had to see the nail prints in Jesus' hands to believe it. Thomas learned the hard way.

Originally Posted By: ackleymanProduct called "Forget the Wind"

family and friends have used it for 10 years, it is amazing at reducing the parts per million of human scent to where those long nose does and most coyotes never pay it any attention. We have so many stories that no one would believe.

George Edwards
in OK

405-843-3431
405-843-3431

or

byogeorge@aol.com

The product works. George has a laundry soap also. None of these products are expensive.

I am in no way affiliated with George Edwards other than my family and friends buy his product. Nothing short of amazing things happen when you disguise your scent. Guys that think that you can't trick a coyote's nose, old doe's nose, buck's nose simply has not tried.

Of course, there is nothing like being in an area that has a high population of coyotes.

If you don't like the whole idea of diminishing your human scent, then put out more scent(parts per million) of an attractant. Trappers have been using attractants for hundreds of years, plenty of proof of attractants working.

It's just another tool in the tool box, no more, no less. Yearlings make up 60% of what we kill, many of them don't know much. Throw the yearlings a little something that smells good, and many are in your pocket.

Years ago, we hunted hundreds of miles below the Mexican border with coyote populations that were very high. On some hunts, we were not able to shower for up to 2 weeks, we still killed coyotes, smoked cigarettes and cigars...swisher sweets to be specific. We got busted many times, some smelled our tracks, others caught our scent cone, others stuck their noses right to the caller.

We hung out two socks filled with two cans of sardines in oil, and had a spray bottle with 50/50 rabbit urine. At the start of the stand, we would spread out in a straight line(usually 4 guys), hang the two socks in the middle of us, and two guys would have small spray bottles. Two pumps on the spray bottles, then indicate to the other guys which way the slightest wind was blowing as an aid to tell which direction the coyotes may come from. Worst weekend we ever had was 13 animals...high pressure front over the top of us with rising barometric pressure.

I always loved to see a coyote out about 250 yards with his nose up in the air drinking in the attractant we had put out. It always looked like the coyote was drunk or intoxicated as he got a snoot full of rabbit urine or sardines in oil.

I first got turned on to a cover scent in the mid 70's using a two part solution of Tex Isabel's Skunk Screen. Tex duplicated skunk spray in a two part solution. We put 6 drops of each solution on the sock, and would hang it as high in a bush as we could reach. We got many coyotes in our lap as the Skunk Screen was very, very pungent. Tex died and his solution died with him.

Deer, elk, hog, and elk hunters could really help themselves by using a cover scent.

Ackleyman, I love that stuff. Have some in my pack right now. Sitting in the deer blind with my 7yr old son at the moment. Forget the Wind really works. We have had deer cross our path at 10feet without batting an eye. Best stuff that I have found for the price. Thanks for posting that contact info, I need to save it.

Hukleberry, I would hope you could take a good camera, you are going to see some unbelievable events that will be precious memories for you and your son. Put some 8x10's in your son's bedroom, which will become his "man" cave.

Been deer hunting 40+ years and I've tried it all. But one day while coon hunting with my cousin and his dogs I would watch them and it drew on me. They would strike a trail a coon made, first they would go one way then the other, sometimes they would stay going that way and sometimes they turned back to go the first way. I started to think why? How did they know which way to go??

Simple. The closer they got the STRONGER the scent of the coon, the stronger it got the faster and louder they would go until finally they would hit the tree and let us know. I watched the same thing with rabbit dogs.

Out here in Kentucky ever though I hunt a lot of private land it's not the same thing as out west, they are smaller in size so there is a lot of people around, farming and hunting, etc. With public land ever more so. To me the animals get a lot of human scent over the year. While high up in my tree stands I have watched deer spook from my scent and have had others walk right over where I had walked just 20 minutes ago.

I started thinking since they smell us a lot over time they are used to us being around but if our scent is strong they WILL spook. So I try to do everything I can to HELP LOWER my scent and NOT to cover it up. I want them to think I passed though some time ago and I'm not nearby. That's all I'm trying to do. So I use the stuff.

i grew up doing late cow hunt's on elk my whole life.....if we ever had a chance to shoot the lead cow you do it and the rest of the elk are clueless at what to do next.

Originally Posted By: Baldeye44i grew up doing late cow hunt's on elk my whole life.....if we ever had a chance to shoot the lead cow you do it and the rest of the elk are clueless at what to do next.

allrighty then.

Back