Silent Legion

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3166539 - 10/11/18 09:58 AM Re: Titanium Suppressor...how do you clean yours? [Re: crapshoot]
SnowmanMo Offline
Director/Moderator

Loc: Phoenix, Az
Originally Posted By: crapshoot
Originally Posted By: SnowmanMo
Originally Posted By: skinney
If you're required to clean a Centerfire can, or any can for that matter after a 100 rounds, I would sell it, and purchase one that isn't so demanding. A rifle barrel may be required to clean every 50-100 rounds but a good Centerfire can will go 10's of thousands of rounds before worrying about cleaning.

BUT that's just me, I also break in my custom rifle barrels and people don't agree with that, so whatever you think needs to be done to increase it's or your performance is all that matters.

+1, Skinney, +1 for sure.

My center fire cans are not serviceable nor does the manufacturer recommend any type of cleaning so.....I was thinking the same thing.

With the velocity of the gas along with the thousands of PSI, most are self cleaning. What little remains is insignificant to the can's operation. But some guys just gotta clean EVERYTHING, or tinker. If it makes you feel better to go buy a sonic cleaner, or spray some kind of magic juju juice through the can, go ahead and salve your conscience. But I am with Crapshoot and Skinney. Follow the OEM's recommendations and don't reinvent the wheel.

Mama always said, coyotes are like a box of chocolates...

#3169840 - 11/02/18 01:15 PM Re: Titanium Suppressor...how do you clean yours? [Re: wherdog]
why Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: md eastern shore
My can is a sealed, direct thread, full auto rated, with a couple thousand rounds thru it. 20vt and 223 only. I was very happy with it until a minor baffle strike. I could not believe the amount of carbon that came out of it. It has been back at the shop for several weeks now being repaired/rebuilt/cleaned whatever. All I can say is they do crud up, regardless of what other people say. No I am not going to mention the make. This is a cf can used for cf only.

Edited by why (11/02/18 01:16 PM)

#3169857 - 11/02/18 02:59 PM Re: Titanium Suppressor...how do you clean yours? [Re: wherdog]
why Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: md eastern shore
I should correct the above post to say my can is not titanium but ss.

#3169924 - 11/03/18 08:23 AM Re: Titanium Suppressor...how do you clean yours? [Re: why]
skinney Offline
PM Sponsor

Loc: South Dakota
Originally Posted By: why
My can is a sealed, direct thread, full auto rated, with a couple thousand rounds thru it. 20vt and 223 only. I was very happy with it until a minor baffle strike. I could not believe the amount of carbon that came out of it. It has been back at the shop for several weeks now being repaired/rebuilt/cleaned whatever. All I can say is they do crud up, regardless of what other people say. No I am not going to mention the make. This is a cf can used for cf only.

I've had baffle strikes, endcaps get blown off, side walls blown out, and rounds get stuck inside the baffle stack. Sure there was carbon build up after thousands of rounds (no one disputes that), but that wasn't the cause for any of my issues above, and it certainly doesn't mean it needed to be cleaned. I'm very happy with all the cans above still, CS was top tier.

They'll hear ya three times, see ya twice, but only smell ya once.

Play the Rabbit, and they will come.

#3170041 - 11/03/18 11:06 PM Re: Titanium Suppressor...how do you clean yours? [Re: wherdog]
Merdit Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Just Passin' Through
Skinney, not being a smart alec here. I would love to hear some stories on your suppressor mishaps, especially the rounds stuck in the baffle stack and sidewall blowouts. Holy cow!
1 John 2:17
———————————–———
I'm the Boss. I make sure what she wants gets done.

#3170093 - 11/04/18 11:11 AM Re: Titanium Suppressor...how do you clean yours? [Re: Merdit]
skinney Offline
PM Sponsor

Loc: South Dakota
Originally Posted By: Merdit
Skinney, not being a smart alec here. I would love to hear some stories on your suppressor mishaps, especially the rounds stuck in the baffle stack and sidewall blowouts. Holy cow!

The rounds stuck in the baffle stack were my fault, as I was developing sub sonic blackout rounds and I did verify they were stable on paper at 50 yards making sure they didn't keyhole, unfortunately I had a weak ignition on one firing that squibed the projo into the can. Can was an SRT Shadow XL Ti, which it had no damage done to the internals at all.

The side wall blow outs were on a couple initial prototype cans that the laser engraving was too hot making the wall weak and it tore along the engraving.

They'll hear ya three times, see ya twice, but only smell ya once.

Play the Rabbit, and they will come.

#3170220 - 11/05/18 07:17 AM Re: Titanium Suppressor...how do you clean yours? [Re: skinney]
Rip 308 Offline

Loc: Wild Wild West Texas
SAS titanium Arbuter, 10 years old, 1000,s of rounds.

Plug up one end, set vertical,fill with white vinegar, let set over night.

I clean once a year.

#3172194 - 11/17/18 07:09 PM Re: Titanium Suppressor...how do you clean yours? [Re: Txhillbilly]
Brad69 Offline

Loc: Iowa, USA
Straight simple green in sonic cleaner with heat works awesome Dakota silencer rep told me at a gun show

#3175792 - 12/05/18 05:13 PM Re: Titanium Suppressor...how do you clean yours? [Re: Brad69]
Kirsch Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: North Dakota
Originally Posted By: Brad69
Straight simple green in sonic cleaner with heat works awesome Dakota silencer rep told me at a gun show
Will have to give it a try next time. Have used the Hornady gun parts cleaner and it works OK. Thanks.

#3176217 - 12/07/18 10:10 AM Re: Titanium Suppressor...how do you clean yours? [Re: wherdog]
rtaylor Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: TN
I was told to just squirt some CLP in my SAS Resistor and that would be good. Well I couldn't do it. I probably have 2000 rounds through it and decided to put it in the ultrasonic cleaner with Hornady gun cleaner. I ran it for about an hour. During that hour I replaced the water 4 times and it was solid black. I use my ultra sonic for cleaning lots of different gun parts and that was by far the dirtiest I have ever seen it.

#3178384 - Yesterday at 11:20 PM Re: Titanium Suppressor...how do you clean yours? [Re: Brad69]
wherdog Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: SD
Originally Posted By: Brad69

Do you take the suppressor apart or just put the baffles in the cleaner? If you do put the whole suppressor in, did you have any problems with the exterior color being eaten away?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  SnowmanMo 

Forum Stats
56174 Members
88 Forums
336073 Topics
3161290 Posts

Max Online: 4372 @ 01/25/15 10:27 PM
Today's Birthdays
Kentucky_MADman, Leupold Lover, newhornet, Rich44, yotenaylor
© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.