Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#3175636 - 12/05/18 05:22 AM Re: Decoy dog help [Re: bumpy999]
bumpy999 Online

Loc: Idaho
I know this is a very old post but I’ve since moved to Alaska and wanted to share a video of the “puppy” that I talked about 3 years ago, this was just the aftermath of calling in 6 coyotes and this was one I just winged that duke gladly finished off for me. This video is from March 2018 when I still lived in Idaho. If anyone is curious duke is right at 80lbs in this video. [video:youtube]https://youtu.be/BkuqofE7MrE[/video]

#3175763 - 12/05/18 03:08 PM Re: Decoy dog help [Re: bumpy999]
fastfossil Offline
Predator Master

Loc: New Mexico
Just depends on what you want. My catahula (coyote bait) used to do the same thing and stayed very close to me on stand. At first I thought maybe she was half bind as she didnt seem to see the yotes till way after I did. But I liked it as she would stay close until the crack of the rifle and then she took off after them like a lightning bolt. Dont worry about getting busted by the yotes, when they see the dog they'll come in even if they see you! NOW she is 3 yrs. old and is begining to use all the sense's God has given her and she generally knows the coyote is there way before I do and now she takes right off after them which I m not sure is a great thing. Because now I have to be very careful when I chose to shoot. And this time of year the pups that come in will head for the next county as they dont want anything to do with other coyotes OR DOGS. But its all great fun either way. Also, your dog will soon learn not to take the chase to far, but if not I recamend you whistle him back as there are all ways more coyotes out there not to far away and after a few hunts you'll see the game starts change real fast as the coyotes will now be decoying your dog!!!! These coyotes are very very smart. Have fun and good hunting.

#3176380 - 12/07/18 07:08 PM Re: Decoy dog help [Re: bumpy999]
jimmy917 Offline

Loc: Ohio
Please take the link down, as well as the YouTube video. No one needs to see your dog killing the coyote. It only feeds the anti-hunters argument that we aren’t humane. I’m all for the hunt and the kill, but a dog killing a wounded coyote is extremely unhelpful.

#3176612 - 12/08/18 08:13 PM Re: Decoy dog help [Re: jimmy917]
Kevinfarmer3456 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: jimmy917
Please take the link down, as well as the YouTube video. No one needs to see your dog killing the coyote. It only feeds the anti-hunters argument that we aren’t humane. I’m all for the hunt and the kill, but a dog killing a wounded coyote is extremely unhelpful.
oh shut up...the coyote is already dead, hes just training it to do what its supposed to do. Go get a latte and play games on ur ipad.

#3176620 - 12/08/18 08:51 PM Re: Decoy dog help [Re: Kevinfarmer3456]
SlickerThanSnot Online
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: stuck in a fence
a latte. lol lol lol

#3176744 - 12/09/18 10:57 AM Re: Decoy dog help [Re: SlickerThanSnot]
btech29 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: NW Arkansas
lol

#3176879 - 12/09/18 07:46 PM Re: Decoy dog help [Re: Kevinfarmer3456]
jimmy917 Offline

Originally Posted By: bumpy999
this was one I just winged that duke gladly finished off for me.

Obviously reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. Also, watch the video again, the coyote is still alive.

#3176892 - 12/09/18 08:25 PM Re: Decoy dog help [Re: jimmy917]
Kevinfarmer3456 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Texas

Obviously reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. Also, watch the video again, the coyote is still alive.
at what point in the video is the coyote alive. Becasue ive watched it several times and i guarantee you that coyote is deader than dead thru the whole entire video.

#3176906 - 12/09/18 10:02 PM Re: Decoy dog help [Re: Kevinfarmer3456]
SlickerThanSnot Online

Originally Posted By: Kevinfarmer3456

at what point in the video is the coyote alive. Becasue ive watched it several times and i guarantee you that coyote is deader than dead thru the whole entire video.

yep. that coyote was never alive during the length of that video.

jimmy, when a dead animal is shaken violently, the legs and stuff still move around. you are welcome. lol

#3176959 - 12/10/18 09:36 AM Re: Decoy dog help [Re: SlickerThanSnot]
jimmy917 Offline

At the 18 second mark, there is a pretty substantial twitch in the rear legs. Could be post mortem firing of the nerves, sure, but all I'm saying is it needs not be posted for the world to see. I don't feel the need to post my resume here, but a portion of my income comes from hunting, trapping, and removal. I get it. I'm not posting this from the local Starbucks while sitting in my skinny jeans. I regularly see the expression on peoples faces change from happiness to sadness when I trap an animal, then tell them it has to be euthanized by law. Everyone not interested in wildlife seems to think we ship all the animals to Steve Irwins zoo or something. The last think we all need is put ourselves out there as cold hearted killers, who enjoy watching an animal be killed. I get it, sometimes what we do seems brutal, and sometimes its for the greater good, but some things just aren't for the public eye. That's all I'm saying.

#3176968 - 12/10/18 10:17 AM Re: Decoy dog help [Re: jimmy917]
btech29 Offline
Die Hard Member II

At the 18 second mark, there is a pretty substantial twitch in the rear legs. Could be post mortem firing of the nerves, sure, but all I'm saying is it needs not be posted for the world to see. I don't feel the need to post my resume here, but a portion of my income comes from hunting, trapping, and removal. I get it. I'm not posting this from the local Starbucks while sitting in my skinny jeans. I regularly see the expression on peoples faces change from happiness to sadness when I trap an animal, then tell them it has to be euthanized by law. Everyone not interested in wildlife seems to think we ship all the animals to Steve Irwins zoo or something. The last think we all need is put ourselves out there as cold hearted killers, who enjoy watching an animal be killed. I get it, sometimes what we do seems brutal, and sometimes its for the greater good, but some things just aren't for the public eye. That's all I'm saying.

I totally get what your saying, and I agree to an extent. I never show my dogs wooling a coyote for very long on my vids. Everyone likes to think their dog "killed" the coyote for them, but in that vid the coyote was dead. That dog didnt kill anything, at least in the vid.

#3176976 - 12/10/18 11:05 AM Re: Decoy dog help [Re: bumpy999]
jimmy917 Offline

According to him it did, whether or not it was recorded. I just find this kind of stuff unhelpful to the cause. I wasn’t looking to start a keyboard battle, I have no beef with anyone here. I’d just rather not have this stuff circulating out there for some PETA member try to force me to explain to them a video like this. Kind of like the 20 year old wing nuts walking in to McDonalds with an AR -15 on their back. Legal? Yes. Helpful? No.

#3176990 - 12/10/18 11:57 AM Re: Decoy dog help [Re: jimmy917]
SlickerThanSnot Online

some PETA member try to force me to explain to them a video like this.

i wouldn't waste one millisecond of my time trying to explain a single thing to a peta person. i dang sure might would, in fact probably would, say some things to one of those peta freaks if they wanted me to explain something, but it would not be in "explanation form". cant stand those idiots. much like i cant stand hard core liberals that want gun control. screw em. i aint wasting my time on them.

#3177024 - 12/10/18 02:22 PM Re: Decoy dog help [Re: jimmy917]
Cowboy43 Online

Loc: S.E. Kansas
According to him it did, whether or not it was recorded. I just find this kind of stuff unhelpful to the cause. I wasn’t looking to start a keyboard battle, I have no beef with anyone here. I’d just rather not have this stuff circulating out there for some PETA member try to force me to explain to them a video like this. Kind of like the 20 year old wing nuts walking in to McDonalds with an AR -15 on their back. Legal? Yes. Helpful? No.
youve said your piece, now if the mods want it removed they will remove it. If they dont, and it bothers you that much.
1. Put said OP on ignore
2. Cancel your subscription to the forum and ask for a monetary refund.

Edited by Cowboy43 (12/10/18 02:23 PM)

#3177095 - 12/10/18 06:51 PM Re: Decoy dog help [Re: Cowboy43]
btech29 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Though I do agree with the thought, PETA hates us no matter what we do. No amount of censoring will help.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
56174 Members
88 Forums
336073 Topics
3161290 Posts

Max Online: 4372 @ 01/25/15 10:27 PM
Today's Birthdays
Kentucky_MADman, Leupold Lover, newhornet, Rich44, yotenaylor
© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.