Couple of reds tonight

1trkyhntr

1st stand tonight had a red come running in at about 2 minutes to Eastern Cottontail. He came in so fast I could not get on him before he ran off. I shot but missed. I switched to Platinum Gray and a 2nd red came in down wind maybe 100 yds. I hit him but not a good hit, he got away in the brush. Platinum Gray was still running and a male red came in again down wind, this one was not as lucky. DRT.
Next stand a red came in to Platinum Gray dead down wind and busted me, no shot. 3rd stand a female red came in to Platinum Gray slightly cross wind. I killed her at maybe 90-100 yds.
4th stand had a coyote come out cross wind and went to the down wind. I would have tried the 200 yd shot but there were cows in the background. All this on a new farm I just picked up today. I did not even touch most of it. The wind was terrible tonight.
u7iT6K2.jpg

Nice job. Congrats on picking up new property. The more the better. Sounds like you may have found a hotspot for Reds. We don't have that many up this way, mostly Grays. I average calling in one or two Reds per year, as opposed to dozens of Grays. Probably because of the type habitat that I call most of the time.

I love hunting " New " property. Feels like waking up on Xmas morning to see what Santa brought ya.
Can't wait to see what pops out!!!

Back