I tried to drive a Challenger RT down a dirt road today.......

we got 1+" of rain last night..........

I got it out, but it was fun............and scary. LOL This was today. I made a bit of a mess...... I got it out and parked next to the house. The land owner knows I'm a city slicker.... he'll probably get a laugh, but I wish I didn't try getting down that road. I left some awesome ruts.............LOL went to "sport mode"........to get free. LOL..crazy fun... I promise..this was fun, but I didn't want to have to call for help....god help me. I displaced a ton of mud today..... I got out though. the "road".... I made a mess of it..

Last edited:
If I took my truck out on a golf course and cut some donuts on the greens after a rain, do you think the PRO would be laughing? After all I'm a country boy.

Down here one of the many unwritten rules is don't drive on a road when it is wet. If you tear up a road, don't come back.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I won't scold you like a child, but you should really look before you leap.
What next? A gate is open and you just drive in and do as you please?
This IMHO is just the type of thing that happens when urban enters rural.

I have been around agriculture all my life. Places I have been allowed to hunt I respect, I don't pay the taxes or do ALL the maintenance. I have parked and walked in a long ways in sloppy weather, rather than drive. Then only to be asked by the owner why didn't you drive in. Yeah I have 4x4, but I don't relish the idea of going to the car wash in cold weather and spend $20.
Drive you car into a corn field going the opposite way the combine ran, see how that works. Buddy had a guy do that in his field, corn stalks broke his AC condensor and radiator took a beating too.
Enough from me. Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelers.

Last edited:
I messed up........it looked like there was gravel and the land owner specifically said it was OK to drive down to a point. I expected the road to be more solid....I got going, and I knew I was in trouble. It was waaay softer than expected!

I got turned around and got out... I didn't tear it up as bad as you'd expect, but yes...I was worried I'd get stuck. I deserve the criticism, but this isn't what you make of it. We are the same people. Because I am an idiot that drives a RW Dodge onto a bad road, is what it is.....LOL

If you saw this road...surely I can drive down it.... then I got going and started floating...oh no..oh no..... it was fun. MUDDING! You guys don't know me yet...

I got out...bash me, or whatever...I got out!! the ruts weren't that bad...I talked to the Mrs....they don't dislike me for being stupid..... these are good people. After nearly getting stuck, I parked my car right in front of their house....and yes, it was quite muddy!! .............then I went hunting! the wind was blowing 20+........nothing was moving, but I had to try. The wind was howling, but I had to try!!... and it was raining. I was there......this is how I spent my saturday. and you mock me? I prefer to be mocked for trying to call in coyotes in the worst possible weather EVER.... laugh at me for that....not the effort.

Last edited:
My challenger is all black and murdered out....... laugh and don't hate...... we slang some mud and had fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

I drove through the car wash twice after....................still mud chunks hanging.

Last edited:
Right on cue when called out the defensive argument begins, excuses are offered, the story subtly changes to be more favorable and then the victim card gets played.

this is a 1 mile long by 1 mile wide property........

I am pretty 99.9% sure the property owner is 100% more happy with me killing coyotes...and doesn't give a FK if I stirr a little mud on his ranch......................comments? please? Idiots saying otherwise have no clue. My first STAND...and I killed a dog. The land owner was practically high fiving me. Get over it...you haters...

I think you wish you could have been there...splashing mud, because it was fun! A Truck is more expensive....why the hate...[beeep]...I'm driving a cheap sedan? Surely I'm not bragging!! I don't drive a nice 4WD truck...much more expensive..are you freaking kidding me?

I will say this....I am starting to wonder if maybe...JUST Maybe.... my next vehicle will be a 4wd truck. I do sure love the Challenger though.....food for thought. I've bought 2 challengers new.... the most recent, I ordered from the factory.

If you think making mud offended a farmer that owns miles of land...... you are mistaken. Are you freaking kidding me???????

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KC Coyote HunterIf you think making mud offended a farmer that owns miles of land...... you are mistaken. Are you freaking kidding me???????

lmao. think you are a little confused. you didn't make the mud... rain, snow or some other sort of moisture made the mud.

you drove through the mud spinning tires and making ruts and a mess of the farmers road.

yeah, farmers, ranchers and other land owners don't like their roads rutted up and made a mess of. you would never be welcomed back on a place i owned after doing what you did.

go have another drink, step away from the keyboard and relax.

Originally Posted By: BleedsBlueA cheap used SUV as a 2nd vehicle to hunt out of is an option. Otherwise learn to walk.

I and a few others I have hunted with know that when we go out, we could walk for miles lates in the season......

If I had a Challenger I would rip the [beeep] outta the prairie and all the fences in my way!!!!
Hahahahhaaa - Not!

With that said -

Out of the 160+ private ranches I hunt on, Not ONE would appreciate me driving my truck and creating ruts in their two track roads after a heavy rain or wet snow!!!

And where r all these pictures of you “harvested” coyote(s).........????

This guy needs to grab all men in his family along with any close friends, run.....don't walk.

Once assembled, Go to the nearest emergency room and get a vasectomy.

A head shoot and elastomer bands can also be used in a pinch.

Please avoid coming into contact with any females until this procedure can be completed.

I would hate to have the herd contaminated.

If you have came into contact please quarantine all victims and contact the centers for disease control (CDC)

Originally Posted By: BleedsBlueThis guy needs to grab all men in his family along with any close friends, run.....don't walk.

Once assembled, Go to the nearest emergency room and get a vasectomy.

A head shoot and elastomer bands can also be used in a pinch.

Please avoid coming into contact with any females until this procedure can be completed.

I would hate to have the herd contaminated.

If you have came into contact please quarantine all victims and contact the centers for disease control (CDC)

lol.gif

Maybe KC will be back about drunk-thirty to give us an update...
Or maybe he’ll just forget about this thread and start another one?

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnoti had forgot about this kc guy.

lots of fruits pass through this board. but that dude had fruit overload.

Yes...

Back