Pulsar trail/helion wifi issues

jk2paintworx

I have a trail and a helion and I use the streamvision app on my iPad to scan for coyotes while driving to stands. I also use streamvision to download files. The system is far from perfect but for the most part i can make it work. Until now. For some reason when I go thru the usual steps
Turn Wifi on in the unit
Go in Wifi setting and choose trail or helion
My device recognizes it and connects briefly
Then kicks me off and says
No Internet Connection.

It was working last night and I was downloading some videos from our hunt on my iPad
and it lost connection and won’t hook back up. I tried the helion and it’s doing the same thing and I tried my phone with both too so not sure what is to blame.

iPhones and iPads are notorious for losing connection with Pulsars. There are lots of suggestions on different websites. Having other wifi in the area can be part of it. Some say going into airplane mode and getting out of other wifi areas help. I messed around with mine for a long time and it was never 100% dependable. I picked up a cheap Andriod tablet and it is rock solid now. The No Internet message though has nothing to do with the issue. Of course there is no Internet as your Pulsar is not an Internet router. The message isn't the issue. However, dropping connection is a real issue.

Other options are to go into the connection and select the I next to it, and choose Forget Connection, reboot the scope and reboot the phone or ipad and try again. Just some things to try but again, I stopped using Apple products with Pulsar because eventually it will start happening again.

I don’t think cellular makes a difference because my iPad doesn’t have cellular service.
I have closed out and rebooted everything on bothe ends and still nothin. I don’t get it because it all worked fine last night and today and then it just stopped connecting. Thanks for the help.

I believe Korey is correct, Pulsar and Apple dont play well together. I have very few problems and when I do I just shut the scope off and turn it back on and I'm in business, I have a Samsung Galaxy. Same for my buddy with a Samsung. My buddy with an Iphone has way more trouble although he can usually get it to work eventually. Just one more reason I really don't like Apple as a company.

I would call Pulsar NA customer service (817) 225-0310 and see if they have any other ideas. I am sure they get lots of complaints about it with all the apple users out there. I agree it can be very frustrating. I have an IT background and I gave up on trying to make it work if that tells you anything.

Originally Posted By: yoteblasterHooking up with a cable is very easy and the option I chose after messing with it. Agree for a file transfer especially to a PC, it is the best option as it is a much faster transfer process. This doesn't help with viewing your screen remotely though.

Try putting your device on airplane mode. I was having the same problems with my iPad and iPhone, dropping me all the time, it has worked great so far switching device to airplane mode.

Last edited:
I tried airplane mode. Still no go. I had a old android tablet and it seems to work fine with that. All of my apple devices stopped working all of a sudden.

Back