When The Stars Align

Originally Posted By: G AndersonI am thinking of maybe somehow the butt of the selfie stick could rest in the hand pocket of hunting coat while scanning...kind of like resting on your lap like you do. I am going to give one a try.
Sorry to keep bothering you with questions but how do you set up the BOBLOV to be pointing at the coyote at night to get a range on him? If you set it up say at 100yds with your scope and it is mounted on the side of your handguard, wouldn't it then "cross" your centerline and be off past 100? Thanks Not sure if it will work in a pocket or not. The key is you rotate the monocular while pressing the monocular against your eye/face. This is what takes the pressure off your shoulder. In my case, I wrap my hand towards the bottom of the selfie stick, and the bottom of my hand then is resting on my leg. I then rotate my hand/wrist when I move my head and it just works.

No matter if the range finder is above or beside there is always going to be some potential of crossing the centerline. However, from what I have seen, it is minimal at distances that we shoot. The way I align mine is once you have it mounted, you should use some type of Night vision device. You range the object and through the NV device, you can see where the rangefinder is pulsing. You adjust the range finder's position until the thermal scope and rangefinder are on the same target, and your adjustment is complete. The Boblov has crosshairs and it will get you close to start with, but using NV, it is more exact. Honestly, once this is completed, I haven't had an issue with ranging unless it is too far to get a reading. If it hits the ground beside or behind the coyote, it typically is still going to be a fairly close yardage amount. The same process would be true with the radius or any rangefinder as even the Pulsar LRF has the rangefinder just slightly off center.

Originally Posted By: KirschOriginally Posted By: G AndersonI am thinking of maybe somehow the butt of the selfie stick could rest in the hand pocket of hunting coat while scanning...kind of like resting on your lap like you do. I am going to give one a try.
Sorry to keep bothering you with questions but how do you set up the BOBLOV to be pointing at the coyote at night to get a range on him? If you set it up say at 100yds with your scope and it is mounted on the side of your handguard, wouldn't it then "cross" your centerline and be off past 100? Thanks Not sure if it will work in a pocket or not. The key is you rotate the monocular while pressing the monocular against your eye/face. This is what takes the pressure off your shoulder. In my case, I wrap my hand towards the bottom of the selfie stick, and the bottom of my hand then is resting on my leg. I then rotate my hand/wrist when I move my head and it just works.

No matter if the range finder is above or beside there is always going to be some potential of crossing the centerline. However, from what I have seen, it is minimal at distances that we shoot. The way I align mine is once you have it mounted, you should use some type of Night vision device. You range the object and through the NV device, you can see where the rangefinder is pulsing. You adjust the range finder's position until the thermal scope and rangefinder are on the same target, and your adjustment is complete. The Boblov has crosshairs and it will get you close to start with, but using NV, it is more exact. Honestly, once this is completed, I haven't had an issue with ranging unless it is too far to get a reading. If it hits the ground beside or behind the coyote, it typically is still going to be a fairly close yardage amount. The same process would be true with the radius or any rangefinder as even the Pulsar LRF has the rangefinder just slightly off center. Thanks so much Kirsch. I figured that the rangefinder would be "close enough" in that regard. I may get one and try it...it would help in getting an estimate of yardage until I got used to a reference. I appreciate your information. Thanks

Gene

Originally Posted By: LittleAndynice shooting man. makes me wish i would have been able to make it out for opener! Full moon hunting typically isn't the best. I definitely saw a dropoff when the moon got high enough to brighten things up. Almost called it a night and glad I didn't as I would have missed out on 6 coyotes. It has been 95-100% humidity since then, so haven't been out. Hope to get after it soon again.

Back