Icotec gc300 gen2 or grim speaker 2?

000shock

Ive been playing with a couple howlers a bit now but want an ecall. Much as i want a $300+ caller i should prob stay below $100. Which would you guys suggest, or what other call around the same price? Thanks!

Of those calls the grim speaker is programmable. It is picky on what files but can be modified. It does some weird things when the remote goes to sleep.

If you can increase your budget slightly to maybe $180 you can get a flextone flx500 a primos alpha dogg or FoxPro patriot.

A used FoxPro would be a good option also, the only downside is the difficulty pressing the buttons with thick gloves on non rubberized button models.

Otherwise the GS2 is the best option when going new for less than $100

If in need I would let go of my FoxPro wildfire2 with added sounds or a gs2 with added sounds in your budget.

Originally Posted By: BleedsBlueOf those calls the grim speaker is programmable. It is picky on what files but can be modified. It does some weird things when the remote goes to sleep.

If you can increase your budget slightly to maybe $180 you can get a flextone flx500 a primos alpha dogg or FoxPro patriot.

A used FoxPro would be a good option also, the only downside is the difficulty pressing the buttons with thick gloves on non rubberized button models.

Otherwise the GS2 is the best option when going new for less than $100

If in need I would let go of my FoxPro wildfire2 with added sounds or a gs2 with added sounds in your budget.

Thanks for the post BB, and the offer on your calls. Im not desperately in need, just in “want” right now! My brother was telling me he didnt like the remote on his old foxpro with the tx915 remote for the same reason you stated above. Gloved hands didnt like the buttons much. I might shy away from the gs2 hearing of (i assume?) sound quality drop/change when the remote sleeps.

I suppose best option is get better with the hand calls and keep saving for a nicer ecall. Are refurbs pretty trustworthy? Just looking at apc and they seem to be 20-25% lower priced. $390 for a refurb shockwave doesnt sound horrible!

If it is guaranteed by FoxPro then it is good as gold. If ANY problems they will correct it immediately. You can't go wrong with a FoxPro.

The TX1000 remote is excellent. Shockwave,Fusion,CS24c

I would like to test a new patriot remote compared to my wildfire2. I like the wildfire due to its small size and portability (fits in my coat pocket) but the remote prevents me from using it.

My shockwave had issues when it was new, simply called FoxPro and I had a replacement in 2 days. Ever since my other calls get little to no attention.

Yea, one thing for certain is foxpro has built a great name for themselves in the customer service department. I did notice that the warranty on a referb is only 1 year vs 5 new for the shockwave. For the extra $110 i think another 4 years of peace of mind is worth it.

Yet again, i guess play the saving game

Back