BOARing Hog Hunt

Zen Archery

This never gets BOARing.
Nosler 140gr Accubond dropped this solid hog at 130 yards.
Click here for video.

l9xrvnVl.jpg

Zen,

Always enjoy your videos and commentary. Do you ever hunt suppressed? I know you will still have a supersonic crack, but some people seem to think suppressed rounds leave animals confused about the direction the round is coming from and thus allow for better follow up opportunities. Any experience with that?

Thanks

Fitz

Originally Posted By: fitzZen,

Always enjoy your videos and commentary. Do you ever hunt suppressed? I know you will still have a supersonic crack, but some people seem to think suppressed rounds leave animals confused about the direction the round is coming from and thus allow for better follow up opportunities. Any experience with that?

Thanks

Fitz

Never hunted suppressed but practiced with one.
I’ve hunted with guys who use them.
You drop one of their siblings and they run.
Hogs run.

Yes, you’ll have the occasional sounder who hasn’t experienced the crack of a bullet. But we’re in Texas. NV and Thermal technology has gotten to the point a lot of guys are pressuring hogs.
Just get on the tube. Quite a few guys hunt suppressed. The hogs 9:10 always run.

The only good argument for them is you can talk without electronic earmuffs. But even the guys who run suppressed most still wear hearing protection.

Nice shooting Ed. I have a small place in Graham, covered in hogs, and the week between Christmas and New Years off. Let me know if you can make it out.

Back