Splash 2 more Iowa snow coyotes!

MasterBlaster

Got out after work about 4:00 pm walked a 1/2 mile though 10" of snow (getting too old for this NOT) got to my spot set up on the edge of corn field next to a huge CRP and cedar tree patch AND a couple brush piles. I got to where I was going to call from and there were fresh tracks all over the brush pile I sit on. Set the caller out about 30 yds put the decoy next to it. The wind was 10MPH blowing away from the cover so I was cross winding it.
Sat down and started the caller 60 seconds in I see a streak in the cover behind me moving towards the caller and decoy never stopped until I shot her about 10 ft from the caller.
IMG-2271.jpg

Well ok! Called 9 more minutes and here comes number 2 got to the downed one and I shot it too. Had to shoot him again.
IMG-2269.jpg

So first double of the year in 10 minutes. Wish it was like this all the time! Had the 22-250 with the good old Berger 52gr match. At 30yds I had enough gun. Pictures not so great but it was getting dark.

IMG-2272.jpg

MasterBlaster

Don’t let him fool you guys. He told me that he was following a snow plow that hit both coyotes. Just gathered them up and posed them for the picture with his rifle.
tt2.gif

You're off to a great start this year Blaster! Keep up the great work! Just got back from South Dakota last week, but I was chasing pheasants with the dog. Guess I should have stayed and helped you thin the coyotes up there! LOL

Calling here is going to get a lot harder.Deer season starts Sat. And goes for 2 weeks the coyotes will get educated or dead during that.
MB

Sad to say we're not going now the snow depth and mud under it will keep us from hunting. Too far to drive to sit around, looking at maybe January now.
MB

Quote:Don’t let him fool you guys. He told me that he was following a snow plow that hit both coyotes. Just gathered them up and posed them for the picture with his rifle. tt2

Quote:Thanks partner for the kind words. We'll talk about it on the way to South Dakota next week!
MB

Sounds like my hunting partner....a little banter just increases the fun!
lol.gif

Regards,
hm

It's about a 12 hour drive to our buddy's ranch in South Dakota. I usually have him beat into submission by the time we get there.
thumbup.gif
Most people think you learn to shoot on a range or maybe out shooting p-dogs. I trained MB to be the outstanding shot that he is by threatening to leave him out in the middle of nowhere if he misses one. I told him I could get back to the pickup faster than him and I would just drive off and leave him. That boy concentrates like you wouldn't believe when he shoots now.

Last edited:
BangPop is getting soft he takes me to Rapid City to 5 Guys so I can get something to eat before he puts me on the bus and sends me home if I miss now.
Hard to find a good partner now days.
MasterBlaster

Back