Got a gun case done....

OregonMike

Wasn't wanting guns smacking around and into each other in cases and/or the back of the truck. Got a good deal on a Plano case, and cut the foam to fit (that's a little bit nerve racking) and it came out good... I added a spot for the AR's bipod to the lower left, and another 30 Rnd mag under the one in the pic. So now both my yote guns can travel undamaged!!!

mukRDiw.jpg

After laying it out, I marked it with a fine tip marker, and cut it with a fillet knife. I put the case foam on top of some old foam I had so I could "saw" through he case foam and the knife had something to go through into. It's not perfect... but they are protected.

Was looking for a Pelican case, but none of them would fit both these guns.... This Plano was the only one I could fine. VERY stout, but the trade off is it's pretty heavy.

I know....right... I am looking into getting a second set of foam so I can do different configurations. Suppressors are down the list. I just built a AR pistol in 5.56 with a SBA3 "pistol brace".... next is an optic for that, and then saving for a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmore... then an optic for that... and THEN maybe a suppressor...

Back