T/C Compass in 6.5 Creedmoor a pleasant surprise.

astro451

Sportsmen's warehouse has the T/C Compass on sale for a great price so I picked one up in 6.5 Creedmoor and am really surprised by how well it shoots. I picked the rifle up today, put a 3-9X40 scope on it and ran out to the range with a bunch of Hornady American Gunner factory ammo. Most five shot groups were well with in an inch and that's without adjusting the trigger. The trigger as it comes from the factory is quite heavy but the break is pretty good so even with that 5 plus pound pull I was able to keep the groups nice and tight. I'm just pleasantly surprised by the rifle and thought I'd let you guys know what my experience with this rifle was in case one of you were thinking about getting one for yourself but wasn't sure about buying a gun by T/C.

I know a few guys that have these. They all love them too. I went to Sportsmans tonight and saw their ad. Less than $300 is a pretty decent deal I’d say.

Originally Posted By: astro451Sportsmen's warehouse has the T/C Compass on sale for a great price so I picked one up in 6.5 Creedmoor and am really surprised by how well it shoots. I picked the rifle up today, put a 3-9X40 scope on it and ran out to the range with a bunch of Hornady American Gunner factory ammo. Most five shot groups were well with in an inch and that's without adjusting the trigger. The trigger as it comes from the factory is quite heavy but the break is pretty good so even with that 5 plus pound pull I was able to keep the groups nice and tight. I'm just pleasantly surprised by the rifle and thought I'd let you guys know what my experience with this rifle was in case one of you were thinking about getting one for yourself but wasn't sure about buying a gun by T/C.

I bought a Compass in .204 for the 10" twist. Totally impressed. About the trigger, there is a guy on eBay that sells softer springs for I think, $10.95. Makes a HUGE difference.

You'll enjoy that rifle!

Back