Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#2474826 - 03/31/13 05:41 PM Coyote hunting questions?
Woods&Water Offline
Predator Master

Loc: fayette county, pa
Hey guys im new at this but i got 3 questions. I hunt in Pennsylvania for coyotes. First is when i go out should i start my calling set with coyote vocals or distresses this time of year? Second when will the coyotes start having pups? Third is when should i use fawn in distress? Advice needed!
Coyote 0

#2474847 - 03/31/13 06:11 PM Re: Coyote hunting questions? [Re: Woods&Water]
wvyotehunter68 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: wv
I can answer a couple if ur hunting in a area were u can take bobcats foxes start with a distress call like rabbit then switch to vocals .here recently fawn distress been working in my area. I'm not talking about a baby fawn just regular fawn. Fawn can be used year around. But when deer start having fawns i would switch to baby fawn. Lets say u use rabbit distress a lot in a area switch to fawn or bid distress as soon as I switched I had a immediate responce. I was using rabbit a lot. But everyone has there own opinion this is just mine. Not real sure about the pups id say around may.

#2474893 - 03/31/13 07:30 PM Re: Coyote hunting questions? [Re: Woods&Water]
Woods&Water Offline
Predator Master

To find a bobcat is harder to find then people think around here. Foxes? Most of the foxes arent around now (atleast i never called one in using distress calls) but seems like coyotes ran them off. I tried fawn distress once this hole year. Not baby. Problem were having is getting them to yell back. Got one spot that has active dens (trail cam) but they dont come out to respond. Anyways Thanks
Coyote 0

#2474900 - 03/31/13 07:38 PM Re: Coyote hunting questions? [Re: Woods&Water]
wvyotehunter68 Offline
Seasoned Member

Bobcats are thick in my area for some reason but if u go 20 miles down the road u will hardly see any bobcat sign. And yea no problem.

#2474901 - 03/31/13 07:39 PM Re: Coyote hunting questions? [Re: wvyotehunter68]
wvyotehunter68 Offline
Seasoned Member

Do u have a tv show ?

#2476287 - 04/02/13 03:19 PM Re: Coyote hunting questions? [Re: Woods&Water]
Bail Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: Woods&Water
Second when will the coyotes start having pups?

Early April.

#2476431 - 04/02/13 07:08 PM Re: Coyote hunting questions? [Re: Woods&Water]
wvyotehunter68 Offline
Seasoned Member

I haven't heard a cat in awhile last time I heard one was 3yrs ago while I was bowhunting.. It was getting hurt or something talk about something that will make ur hairs on the back of your neck stand up real quick. Never did see it. It Was a pretty thick where I was hunting at that day. I saw some cat tracks were I thought the noise came from didn't see no hair or nothing but coulda been a different one. It was probably up on the hill above me with its buddy like lets see if we can scare this hunter so he will fall out of his treestand . Haha

#2477194 - 04/03/13 10:20 PM Re: Coyote hunting questions? [Re: Woods&Water]
Woods&Water Offline
Predator Master

Lol i heard one once. Never seen it. We get set up early bow season here. Its about a half hr before dark. My buddy went 100 yds over the hill in his stand had his 357 on him so he had no problem. On th other hand im in my ground blind and i hear this "baby cry" outta nowhere about 75 yds down the pther side. My eyes light up and i was like oh ****. My buddy texted me and said shut your light off dont move and yell if you need something. That was a bobcat. At this point i was like dumbfounded. We walk down to where he was at. He was only 40 yds from my blind!
Coyote 0

#2488863 - 04/25/13 08:36 PM Re: Coyote hunting questions? [Re: Woods&Water]
bigdog1 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Mesa, Az
Hey guys im new at this but i got 3 questions. I hunt in Pennsylvania for coyotes. First is when i go out should i start my calling set with coyote vocals or distresses this time of year? Second when will the coyotes start having pups? Third is when should i use fawn in distress? Advice needed!

Answer to #1, You shouldn't be hunting this time of the year. Due to the fact that coyotes are raising theri young. Shoot an adult and the babies starve. Hence no targets in the fall/winter.

Answer to #2, See answer to #1

Answer to #3, Probably never. I have a Foxpro with about 100 sounds and I use about 3. Don't need any more.

Just my Humble Opinion

JD

NRA MEMBER
GUNS HAVE ONLY TWO
ENEMIES; RUST AND POLITICIANS

#2488866 - 04/25/13 08:39 PM Re: Coyote hunting questions? [Re: Woods&Water]
bigdog1 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Mesa, Az
Problem were having is getting them to yell back. Got one spot that has active dens (trail cam) but they dont come out to respond. Anyways Thanks

If they yell back, chances are they know you are there and they probably will not come to the call.

jd

NRA MEMBER
GUNS HAVE ONLY TWO
ENEMIES; RUST AND POLITICIANS

#3170499 - 11/07/18 02:08 AM Re: Coyote hunting questions? [Re: Woods&Water]
Heander Offline

Loc: california
Do you have a TV show? Supplement Website

Edited by Heander (11/21/18 08:21 AM)

#3170523 - 11/07/18 10:27 AM Re: Coyote hunting questions? [Re: Heander]
SlickerThanSnot Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: stuck in a fence
Originally Posted By: Heander
Do you have a TV show?

if he did it is probably off the air now. the post you replied to is 5 years old.

#3174618 - 11/30/18 04:41 PM Re: Coyote hunting questions? [Re: SlickerThanSnot]
Seebass Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnot
Originally Posted By: Heander
Do you have a TV show?

if he did it is probably off the air now. the post you replied to is 5 years old.

His first post on a 5 year old topic with an arbitrary website link... Not to mention an edit 14 days after the original post? Garbage

Edited by Seebass (11/30/18 04:42 PM)
FOXPRO Shockwave, BogPod, SpeedyYote Kickstand Vest
Cavity Back Bullets 92g MKZ's hand loads

Moderator:  Infidel 762 

Forum Stats
56156 Members
88 Forums
335972 Topics
3160195 Posts

Max Online: 4372 @ 01/25/15 10:27 PM
Today's Birthdays
coyote buster, DylanD, L.E.Deason, nite stalker, PimC, redneckdream, Ronald, Smith0976, Tater Ridge, taterridge
© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.