Best AK-47 ?

MartyB

I need an AK in my safe.

You see them from $400 to $1400

Last time I knew anything about them they were all $300

How do you sort them out?

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerBuy the cheapest one you can find and put it in your safe, that's probably where it will stay after the first day at the range.

thumbup1.gif

Arsenal is probably among the top. I have a GP75 that runs like a Singer sewing machine. Not incredibly accurate, but a .30 caliber carbine could be handy to have around in the future.

I have a century arms pistol that I have SBR'd that has run perfectly.

Like him or not, this guy knows his crap when it comes to training with AK's.

I have an older Norinco mak-90 that runs like a charm. I also have a Mini Draco that I "SBR'd" the easy way with a Sig brace.

QmWlSXG.jpg

It is a little fire breathing dragon, fun to keep around the house and cheap to shoot. Pretty much all of the AK's will run just fine and will keep all your shots on a paper plate at a hundred yards. Perfectly acceptable if your main intention is just turning money into noise. Option 2 is to just buy a 7.62x39 AR upper. Have one from Bear Creek Arsenal that is nothing short of amazing with Federal blue box ammo.

I thought all AK's were like rocks? Always work all the time, and almost as accurate!

Sorry, had to throw in a dig on the commie rifle. Do they have sights? I've never seen news footage of one being fired while the shooter was looking through the sights.

They operate as intended to. Throw lead/copper down range regardless of conditions, and they do it well. Accuracy was never their intended goal.

I've owned at least half a dozen various AK's. The only one accurate enough to keep was a Norinco NHM91. They are a long barreled AK, not as accurate as an AR-15 but much more so than your average AK.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARI thought all AK's were like rocks? Always work all the time, and almost as accurate!

Sorry, had to throw in a dig on the commie rifle. Do they have sights? I've never seen news footage of one being fired while the shooter was looking through the sights.

If you look through the sights you won't be able to see where the bullets are hitting
smile.gif
All kidding aside, most AK's are capable of shooting MOSOT. That's minute of somewhere over there
smile.gif

Back