Sick Dogs

TxPigKiller

Guys, I have an old wallow(I think) where I been hunting pigs. Whilst out checking things Sunday the dogs got a drink out of it. We've had a lot of rain in TX the last month or so, but a couple of frosts since, but both of my dogs have been getting sick nightly.
Anybody have any ideas? You can smell pig poop around the wallow, figured it was just a bug, but its been 3 days now.
These are not poodles, both are BMC and do well with all kinds of stuff.
Any home remedies?
Thanks

It could be giardia or some other type of bug that hogs may carry. Like previously suggested I would take them straight to the vet and tell him the exact same thing you told us. He should be able to tell what's causing the problem. I bet it has something to do with the water hole considering that both of them are getting sick.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kevinfarmer3456It could be giardia or some other type of bug that hogs may carry. Like previously suggested I would take them straight to the vet and tell him the exact same thing you told us. He should be able to tell what's causing the problem. I bet it has something to do with the water hole considering that both of them are getting sick.

They may well have giardia but my experience has been that animals generally handle it quite well, little or no side effects. I once lived in Africa and have had it several times, not fun, but the Africans live with it almost unhindered

Back