Some new gear reviews

TxPigKiller

So, I have some gear I've used and thought I'd pass along what I found out.
Elusive Wildlife Tech- Blind Side-R
I was not sure how the pigs would react to it. I left it out on the feed sight one night and hunted the next.
When the pigs showed up the light came on. The pigs came in all across the feed sight but the light came on and they came towards it! I guess it helps them see the feed.
I thought $90 was kinda high but it truly works and the pigs love it, and it is a $90 solution to the high dollar night sights.
I homemade some feeders.
10' of thin walled 4" pipe cut in half. Using eye bolts and washers glued 1 cap on the end. The other cap fits snuggly enough to hold. 9/16" drill bit put about 25 holes all around pipe.
Using some rope, secure tube to tree, T post, etc. First fill tube with a mix of corn and sweet feed, then a small pile over tube.
Hogs set there and root tube around to get a few kernels. Works great for keeping hogs in area without using 100 lbs of feed.
Good Luck

Instead of pvc pipe, I've started using discarded pump up sprayer containers.. Couple holes in bottom and chain around the neck hitched to a tree works great. Get them for free as well.. I've seen some old refrigerant cans(pink or green) used as well. They rattle louder!!

The tubes are still working great, I have figured out they should be shorter just to limit the feed they get, going to make 3 feeders instead of 2 out of next stick. The blind side-R is still doing an awesome job. The pigs are in the area some nights up to 4 hours with the light on nearly full time. I have changed batteries, but the life has been awesome. I have also found that from the maker you can get this model for $49.99 shipped! So, I'd order yours if you think you'd like one. I have killed 3 pigs, one being a nice toothy boar, at 12 yards with a shotgun. I think that green light is just the ticket for a "stand" hunter. Girlfriend got her first pig with an AR on the same stand.

Back