In the first seven days

Infidel 762

Staff member
I put in over sixty hours in the deer stand and all I had to show for it was a dead hog and these coyotes. Sometimes it feels like I don't know what I'm doing, when it comes to chasing mature bucks, but I enjoy doing it anyway...

Deer hunting on this morning, I had an Ozonics "Ah-Ha Moment" when this thing came walking by downwind.

Reminded me of an old Army Cadence; "Three six nine, the monkey drank his wine. His wine, his swine, the swine drank his wine on the streets of Caroline. The line broke. The monkeys choked. And they all went to heaven in a little white boat..."

And then on the eigth day; I caught a glimpse of this buck walking down an old pipeline right of way. I grunted at him a couple times and he turned on a dime, worked his way into 60 or 70 yards.

I'm worn down from the rut...

I don't think there is any doubt about you knowing what you are doing. Very nice buck. Awful lot folks would be very happy with a slow week like that, myself included.

Figured you were staked out in the brush since we hadn't heard from you in a while. Sounds like it was time well spent.

Looks like you been colluding with the Russians, there Jeremy. Most of the hogs down here are mostly feral w/less Russian than that one.

Thanks for sharing your hunt.

Regards,
Clarence

Back