Corn Stealers

pyscodog

Setting in my deer stand this morning and hadn't seen any deer when off to my left I saw something black coming closer. At first I thought it was a lone pig. Turned out to be about 10-12. A light colored gray sow came about 30 yds away and it suddenly turned into Hog Season. Then it seemed like I was seeing hogs everywhere. A black sow was the only other one I could really see very well and she was about 80 yards out but the 7mm08 reached out there and put her down hard. No deer but still had some fun.

Thank You Sir. We're getting over-run with pigs. When a shot opportunity shows its self, we take it. I thought a double with a bolt action was pretty cool. Especially for me.

That's a nice pair from Bill

uqyMXzK.jpg

I don't know if the black one is/was pregnant or nursing young. Either way...not anymore. My hunting buddy was sick and we needed to go home. I'd like to have stayed the rest of the day and see what came in for a free lunch.

Ive been packing a suppressed 22lr just for such events. A buddy of mine takes his crossbow along with him. Both are mostly quiet so it doesnt seem to bother the deer.

Last edited:
The hogs are all very healthy. They should be though, they hit all the feeders at night and eat corn. All the guys surrounding our place are doing their best to thin them out but buy the looks of iton the trail cameras were not getting it done.

Back