RCBS Chargemaster 1500 combo vs. Chargemaster Lite

Lefty SRH

Im considering buying one of the two and cant really decide which is better for my needs.the biggest difference between the two I see is the 1500 has programable memory. How valuable is this function when you have kept good accurate notes on your rifles amd loads?
What are your opinions?
I need to start loading for a praire dog trip later this year and thought one of these units would maybe help save some time in the reloading shop.

I can't speak for the 1500 with memory, but I bought a 1500 Lite for the same reason as you (PD trip). Very simple to use, it has an "auto" dispense feature that allows the 1500 to dispense the desired powder charge (23.0g for example) every time you put the pan back on the scale. If you leave the pan off the scale to take it break, it waits patiently for your return. Put the pan on the scale, and it will start dispensing again. It will notify you of over/under charges, but you do have to watch the scale. Mine has a 10% error rate so far with Varget, less with BenchMark. I spot check every 5 or so "throws" on a RCBS 505 and really no complaints. Others may not be happy with this error percentage, but I just load X number of rounds in steps, powder only into all the cases at one time, then seat all X bullets, seems to work for me. Thumbs up from me for the 1500 Lite.

Originally Posted By: GLShooterYou might want to invest in the insets for the tube. I found them from a guy over over on Accurate hooter or Google them. They really cut down on the under/over charges.

Greg

Article:
http://www.accuracy-tech.com/chargemaster-reducing-inserts/

Speaking to VARGET:

Sniper HIde

The inserts work great. One of my shooting buddies makes them.
Dave Moore-first class guy!
thumbup1.gif

I have never used a Lite, and actually I don't know anyone who has one, so no help there. Mine is the 1500, and that is what all my shooting friends use. Control static electricity using the anti-static dryer sheets, and I also suggest using the inserts. Those two things will make one really run the way you want it to.

I have a 1500 and I have never used the memory. The inserts, or the McDonald's straw, in combination with reprogramming make a world of difference. Also, if you want to check calibration, the 50 gram weights are 771.6 grains. The guys at RCBS told me to perform the calibration procedure, let the scale stabilize without the pan, then weigh the calibration weight.

Originally Posted By: jpx2rkAre these "inserts" available for the 1500 LITE ??

If this doesn’t work let me know and I’ll send you a phone number...

davidmoore6567@netzero.com

Sorry to fire up an old post but I’m very curious of what the difference is between the 1500 and the lite for myself. Does anyone have any understanding of the difference between these two? Looking to buy one possible and don’t which one to choose from.

Back