Mass. Hunting info PLZ

Tom 59

Can any Mass. hunters tell me what firearm is legal for bobcats on state / public land? Get conflicting info on my google searches, and haven't got my hands on an actual abstract yet. Thanks.

You can upload the regs on Masswildlife Pretty much its shotguns with shot no larger than #2,any rifle,use a 460WBY if you want, but be aware of special transport restrictions on "high capacity" firearms. Need to be locked in a case, not just a trigger lock. You can apply for a non-resident LTC for handguns, they are legal also. Its daylight hrs only, and the regs are the same for public or private land. There are some towns with special restrictions like written permission, especially along the Ct border in Berkshire County. Usually opens in late Dec. I myself have only killed three, but have called in a couple every year it seems, I give them and fox a pass. Most have been around grown over fields, beaver ponds, streams, and in pretty urban areas. Bird sounds, and feline distress seems to work, and I think they may take as many house cats as the yotes. Sit still and sit long. They will focus on a decoy. Good luck! they are a beautiful trophy.

Hunting implements

Shotguns: Only shot size up to #1 birdshot (pellet diameter equal to or less than 0.160 inches) can be used.

Archery equipment: Archery tackle is legal, with no minimum pull. Crossbows may only be used by permit. Poisoned arrows, explosive tips, and bows drawn by mechanical means are prohibited.

Rifles and handguns: There are no restrictions on caliber size for rifles or handguns.

Muzzleloaders: Smooth bore muzzleloaders: Only shot size up to #1 birdshot (pellet diameter equal to or less than 0.160 inches) can be used. Rifled bore muzzleloaders: no restrictions on caliber size.

Back