First of the season. First for a new hunter.

Cookie125

Today was my first day out to try and do some raccoon calling. My inlaws over so my daughter and I took my father inlaw out with us. This was his first time to try and do any kind of calling. The very first tree we called we had two come out with in the first minute of calling and walked away with a double.
2018-11-24_02-22-29 by Cookie1125, on Flickr
After this we made several more stands with just three peekers but none that wanted to come all the way out. At our second to the last stand we were calling an old abandoned building. At first I was using young raccoon distressed with nothing showing any interest, I made a change up at the five minute mark to raccoon fight and within seconds had a big boar sitting on the roof investigating the noise. This turned out being one of my biggest coons at 26lbs.
2018-11-24_02-22-58 by Cookie1125, on Flickr
2018-11-24_02-23-14 by Cookie1125, on Flickr
Think I have my father in law hooked and after seeing lots of coyote sign as well as hearing some howling on the next property I think he is ready to try calling coyotes as well. Today was a real blast and a very fun way to spend time with family.

HOMAnimated-S.gif

Back