Adjustable BCG's

arlaunch

Howdy folks,

I am in the market for an adjustable BCG for one of my suppressed rifles.

I am liking the Gemtech at the moment as you do not need a screw driver to adjust from suppressed to un suppressed. ( I would have no problem taking the carrier out to change settings.)

I would however have a problem needing a screwdriver that i lost or forgot.

The question that i have is about the Boot Leg model really. Those folks out there who have them:

Do you use all 4 settings from time to time, or.... do you just go from min gas (suppressed) to max gas (unsuppressed) ultimately only using 2 settings anyway???

For those folks who use the 2 in the middle. Who uses what # adjustment for what application?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I use the Bootleg mainly for suppressor use.
the main advantage to the center 2 notches are really about the same as an adjustable gas block, fine tuning the gas system when not running surppressed.

Thanks Breeze,

Thats interesting.

I read an online review from a fella that stated the 1st turn toward reducing gas, by far vented the most gas, and the next 2 settings down did not change too much.

That would be cool if the 1st notch down only reduced/vented a tiny bit of gas to help out guns running without a can.

Last edited:
I tried all 4 settings on an over gassed 223 pistol ,and you could actually see the casing ejection go from the 2 o'clock ,to 3:30 or 4 position as you transitioned through the settings.
actually wouldn't lock the bolt back without the suppressor on it in the full suppressed setting.
I don't have any experience with the Gemtech ,so can't really make any comparison.
as for the screw driver issue ,found a small keychain one , easy to keep track of , or I'd be walking home from the range.

Last edited:
I wanted the Gemtech but went with the Bootleg due to a 25% sale this Black Friday Weekend.

Turned out to be $134 plus shipping.

I could not resist.

Back