"RED" Fox and the Platinum Gray Fox Pup Sound

Pruson

This afternoon I was setup on an edge of two different types of habitat, a five year old cutover adjacent to big tract of mature timber. I was using Nutty Nuthatch trying to lure a bobcat out of the cutover. A big Red Fox came blazing down over the hill from behind me, out of the mature timber, came so close to the Shockwave that I thought the Fox Jack had slapped him in the face. He went on past and into the cutover at Mach IV speed. I waited and thought over the situation, so I switched over from Nuthatch to the Platinum Gray Fox Pup and I saw the Red sneaking back out of the cutover and coming back up to investigate the sound. He stayed close to cover and he crepted back up into the timber, looking towards the sound as he advanced. I took no shot but witnessed the fact again that it does indeed work as advertised. I have called in a couple of bobcats(yes bobcats) while trying to call Grays with this sound and I have called in and killed coyotes using this sound here in Virginia. It is a killer sound, if you don't currently have it, you need to get it.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06I ordered it earlier today along with some coyote vocals. I am anxious to try it.

You're gonna love it, it will become your stand ending-go to sound.

I seriously have even called in and killed two bobcats with it, curiosity got em I guess. My largest coyote to date, which I mounted, came into it. He was not the first to come into kill that dang fox. If a Gray hears it, he will come. I've killed triples with it. Now I know Reds will as well.

I usually use prey distress till the end of the stand when I am fed up and ready to break stand. Then I go to the Platinum Gray for about four or five minutes or so, steady.

A great way to use it is to mix it with other Gray Fox sounds, a couple minutes for each sound. That really gets em stirred up.

If I am in a high density of Grays Fox population, I just put it on first and let it run.

It is at it's absolute best as a comeback call, if one comes busting through your stand and no shot taken. Switch to it and get ready. I've killed triples with it in that manner.

As with most Gray Fox sounds, the louder the better, they get excited and tore up with high volume. Last year I took a kid who has Parkinson Disease out hunting and we had a Gray come in, and I mean in close. His gun jammed after the first shot and he was down on the ground working on it and trying to reload it for several minutes. I kept the Platinum Gray Fox cranked up loud while the fox just continued to circle us. As close as ten yards and no more than 20 yards from us, just circling. The kid was telling me to turn it off he couldnt think straight he told me later, but I kept it on, knowing if I turned it off, the fox would leave. He eventually got the clip back in and loaded and killed the fox at fifteen yards from us. It is an awesome Gray Sound that actually calls anything in the woods. Like I said earlier, we've called and killed Reds, Grays, Bobcats and coyotes using this sound.

Where can I Buy this sound???? Been away from predator hunting for a bit due to business and family things.... Getting ready to hit it again. Thanks Jamie

That is a FOXPRO sound ! FOXPRO.COM

Of course you need a FOXPRO caller to load it onto.

Last edited:
Pa.Mick thank you for the help, I did find it on FoxPro website, and yes I have an FX3. An older call but has never let me down. Thanks Jamie

Back