Ruger American predator with AI mag

Dasteinb

I have a Ruger American predator 6.5 Creedmoor with an AI magazine...I would like to add a Boyd’s stock to it however Boyd’s won’t accommodate the AI mag...can I throw away the AI mag, get a Boyd’s stock and just go buy a flush fit rotary mag

I'd be interested in your AI style bottom metal... I have the Predator in 6 Creedmoor with the flush fit rotary... I'd much rather have the AI setup...

Originally Posted By: CinchI'd be interested in your AI style bottom metal... I have the Predator in 6 Creedmoor with the flush fit rotary... I'd much rather have the AI setup...

You, and every other person with a modicum of sense.

Originally Posted By: liliysdadThere is no way in Hades would I trade the ability to run decent magazines for a Boyds stock and the trash Ruger rotary mags.

^^^^this, 1000%

DON’T DARE GO TO THE RUGER JUNK! I posted my rifle for sale after my hunt because those stupid mags ticked me off so bad. Every failure a mag can have! I’m now considering the CDI bottom metal or figuring out why the factory stock metal is different from Boyd’s. CDI is $200 for Boyd’s, like $120 for factory stocks. Wish they had a BDL option, better then this unreliable plastic trash they call a mag.

If you want I have the aftermarket aluminum trigger guard and mag catch for Boyd’s, straight trade for your AI bottom metal? Hahaha

I just ordered a 6mm CM with the AI mag in the Ruger predator. I had a Ruger American in 22-250 and rebarreled it to 20-250ai and put a Prairie Hunter Boyds stock on it. The factory mag setup worked without any problems. With the new AI mag setup, I am sure that Boyds will make stocks for those guns too.

I completely agree that the OEM Ruger stock is pretty poor....but I sure wouldn't trade one for a Boyds, especially when options like the Magpul stock exist.

B&C is building a Rotary mag stock, hopefully they will be in for an AICS pattern soon.

Back