Any Postal workers here?

pyscodog

Got a question??? I ordered a trigger kit on the 12th and was given a tracking number. Tracking says acceptance of package is pending.I called the company and they said they had some problems with the mail over veterans day and it should show up. I keep checking the tracking number and it never changes. What do I do? Oh ya, no trigger either.

I've been in contact with the seller since last week. Probably a half dozen e-mails. The local PO said the acceptance of my package is pending means a label was made but neverr attached to the package. The seller wants me to wait until Friday, 23rd, to see if it arrives. My problem with that is if it was in transit, wouldn't the trackin number show it? I mean crap, its just a tiny spring. They already charged me $6 just to mail it. Send me another dang spring and call it a day.

I recently had some trouble with Midway USA/UPS/USPS. I ordered a Micrometer seating die from Midway USA a few weeks ago, they shipped it UPS but on the smaller packages they sometimes start out with UPS then the package gets transferred to USPS for final delivery. When my item was transferred to USPS is when things went south and I mean went south, literally because some how my package went from Seattle to Anchorage Alaska where it went into limbo land for nearly two weeks past its expected delivery date and I live in Eastern Wa. I called Midway as soon as the online tracking showed it going to Anchorage but they were of very little help. I finally received it but like I said, it was two weeks past its expected delivery date.

This is the second time I've had an issue with Midway's shipping when they do the UPS then transfer it to USPS for final delivery but the other time it was only a few days late, not two weeks late.

My order came out of St Petersburg Florida. According to the tracking its still there. My last e-mail to them I said if it wasn't here Friday to just cancel my order and credit my card. We'll see how this plays out. Its just a trigger spring which they charge me $12.95 for and another $5.95 to ship it. Ten bucks more and my smith would have done a trigger job and I would have got it back the same day.

Last edited:
last order of AR parts shipped usps, tracking showed pickup and delivery 7 minutes apart at shippers address. I called the shipper the next day they couldn't find it, told me to watch for it a couple days. Next day it was delivered, tracking never changed, driver must of scanned it twice.

Originally Posted By: tripod3Maybe USPS is waiting for the rate increase to go into effect. They need it.

God I hope not. $6.00 to mail a spring??????

Originally Posted By: B23I recently had some trouble with Midway USA/UPS/USPS. I ordered a Micrometer seating die from Midway USA a few weeks ago, they shipped it UPS but on the smaller packages they sometimes start out with UPS then the package gets transferred to USPS for final delivery. When my item was transferred to USPS is when things went south and I mean went south, literally because some how my package went from Seattle to Anchorage Alaska where it went into limbo land for nearly two weeks past its expected delivery date and I live in Eastern Wa. I called Midway as soon as the online tracking showed it going to Anchorage but they were of very little help. I finally received it but like I said, it was two weeks past its expected delivery date.

This is the second time I've had an issue with Midway's shipping when they do the UPS then transfer it to USPS for final delivery but the other time it was only a few days late, not two weeks late.

That isn't Midway that makes that decision. Thats an arrangement between UPS and USPS.

Originally Posted By: B23This is the second time I've had an issue with Midway's shipping when they do the UPS then transfer it to USPS for final delivery but the other time it was only a few days late, not two weeks late.

Pay the couple of extra bucks and not use the economy shipping. I never use it.

I got a lot of usps packages before it says they arrived. It's this time of year again...Black Friday, cyber Monday, and Christmas comming up. I just had a double billed upper receiver that never made it to me. It said it was delivered last Friday. I was home all day to verify it never showed.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: tripod3Maybe USPS is waiting for the rate increase to go into effect. They need it.

That $6 is the dealers price, not USPS. As for your tracking, it sounds like they either didn't send it or the label wasn't scanned. The spring should have been shipped first class and been to you in 2-3 days anyways.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: tripod3Maybe USPS is waiting for the rate increase to go into effect. They need it.

That $6 is the dealers price, not USPS. As for your tracking, it sounds like they either didn't send it or the label wasn't scanned. The spring should have been shipped first class and been to you in 2-3 days anyways.

Got that right! It's 7.95 for a 2 day box usps. That's how retailers make their money.

Originally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: B23I recently had some trouble with Midway USA/UPS/USPS. I ordered a Micrometer seating die from Midway USA a few weeks ago, they shipped it UPS but on the smaller packages they sometimes start out with UPS then the package gets transferred to USPS for final delivery. When my item was transferred to USPS is when things went south and I mean went south, literally because some how my package went from Seattle to Anchorage Alaska where it went into limbo land for nearly two weeks past its expected delivery date and I live in Eastern Wa. I called Midway as soon as the online tracking showed it going to Anchorage but they were of very little help. I finally received it but like I said, it was two weeks past its expected delivery date.

That isn't Midway that makes that decision. Thats an arrangement between UPS and USPS.

It works great for Amazon. Most orders are one day less than the tracking number says, which is usually second day arrival instead of three.

They could have put this spring in an envelope with a stamp on it. Charging 50% of the purchase price to ship is kinda steep.I know they have bills to pay but come on!! But as of today the tracking hasn't changed and I still don't have a trigger spring.

Fedex is the worst. Where, I live in a nice place.
People will drop stuff off. I take stuff to them too.
"Tis the season to lose boxes"

Back