Lucky Duck vs Foxpro

Claytond1122

Looking to buy a new E-caller soon. I’ve used mostly foxpro up to this point. What are y’all thoughts on the Lucky Duck revolt?
Thanks for any feedback in advance!

Can’t go wrong with both... I have been super impressed with the Revolution first and now the Revolt! Rick has some of the best sounds on the market today! I find myself using several different caller and sound packages based on the set strategy or terrain called.

Thanks for the reply! After doing some research I went with the Revolt. Mainly wanting to try something different and have heard many good things about this caller. Now just ready for it to come in the mail and go to work! Have me some chicken killers I need to take care of.

Originally Posted By: Claytond1122After doing some research I went with the Revolt.

You will like your Revolt!

I have three LDs, a CS24C and a MAX. Yes, I do have a problem!
LOL

I've ran nothing but FoxPro until recently. I picked up a Revolt from Rick Paillet and the sounds are way better imo. The CS24C is still a great caller but Ricks sounds are cleaner and more realistic to my ears.

In looking at the Lucky Duck Revolt, I cannot find where it tells the range of the remote...can anyone tell me what the expected range is? Also, is the 360* rotational mechanism reliable...especially in cold weather? And lastly, approximately how long is the run time on the batteries? Thanks

expected range is around 300 yards without being in line of site, longer if you can see it.
The rotational mech. got upgraded from the Revolution and is reliable. Just try not to set the caller where it will run into anything when rotating. Run time varies obviously with cold, how loud you run it, etc. but I've gone two full days without issue with the battery pack.

Originally Posted By: songdogexpected range is around 300 yards without being in line of site, longer if you can see it.
The rotational mech. got upgraded from the Revolution and is reliable. Just try not to set the caller where it will run into anything when rotating. Run time varies obviously with cold, how loud you run it, etc. but I've gone two full days without issue with the battery pack.

That has also been my experience with my Revolt. I do carry an extra set of 3-AAs for the remote.

I've never set my Revolt out that far, but have never had an issue with it responding. Battery pack seems to last fine, I charge it after every day's hunt. The remote seems to use batteries faster but using lithium ion's helped that alot.

Honestly I think the Foxpro's might be built a little tougher, and the warranty is longer for sure. But I like the features, sounds, and sound quality of the Revolt alot and have no plans of going back.

Thanks guys for the input. I am trying to decide between the LD Revolt or the Foxpro CS24. From a simplistic standpoint, the Foxpro CS24 would seem better...anytime you put more bells and whistles on an electronic device, the more things can go wrong. I do like the sounds of the LD Revolt and the rotation thing is intriguing, but don't know if it would be necessary. Good reviews on both units, so I guess I need to flip a coin and get one or the other. Thanks again

Gene

I have the CS24c and my buddy runs the Revolt. Here are my opinions:

Factory sounds are better on the Revolt. More realism and better quality sound. LD calls are not as prevalent so I think there may be an edge in that coyotes haven’t heard the LD sound library like they have Foxpro.
Remote range is better on the Revolt.

CS24c is more compact and easier to carry.
Foxpro TX1000 remote is better than the Revolt remote except for the range (as stated above)
Foxpro warranty is better.
Additional (non Foxpro) sounds can be easily added.

It really comes down to personal preference and how you use the call. Despite the pros and cons of each caller, my hunting partner and I have killed hundreds of dogs between the two. We find ourselves using the LD more however since he prefers to run the call and I enjoy shooting the coyotes. 😃

If I could pack the Revolt’s sound library and remote range into the CS24c I would have the perfect caller for my calling style.

I ended up going with the Lucky Duck Revolt...talked to Rick and got good straight answers to my questions. The sounds and the remote I think will be good plus's. Hopefully it will ship here in the next couple of days.

Gene

I just got on to post a similar question, only about the revolt vs hammerjack. Both ~$300, come with decoys and not much for bad reviews. Which would hold up better in cold weather? Living in west nodak i dont want to be out and worry about any electronics freezing up while calling. It gets stupid cold here sometimes! Not wanting to hijack since i was curious about the same basic thing, weather is the only part i havent heard anyone really comment about. Thanks!

Never had a problem in the cold winter weather with my Revolt or any of my Fox Pro ecallers.

I was born and raised in Williston, you get nowhere near the winters we had in the past!

If you are worried about the cold, make a fabric/insulated sleeve for your ecaller to protect it somewhat.......

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisNever had a problem in the cold winter weather with my Revolt or any of my Fox Pro ecallers.

I was born and raised in Williston, you get nowhere near the winters we had in the past!

If you are worried about the cold, make a fabric/insulated sleeve for your ecaller to protect it somewhat.......
Thanks Pop. Ive been wanting to get an ecall but havent decided on which yet. Prob see what friday brings maybe. I have been throwing some howls out here and there and been getting some howls back and seen 3 while doing a little bit of locating. Hopefully i can get to making some stands soon!

I have both, the LD Revolution is a great call, but I have one of the early ones, and it is not manufactured near as well as the Fox Pro. There is no comparison in how far the remote will talk with the call with the LD winning hands down. Love the ability to spin the call from remote, into different areas, ect. The rubber tabs in the handle (end and top) of the LD, have both gone missing, and this is basically after less than 3 years of use. I hunted is some light rain towards the end of the day last month, perhaps 30 minutes, made sure I wiped the call off, a few days later I went to change the batteries, and I had water in my battery pack, and I never set the call down on the ground as I had it on the tripod...I would buy another in a heart beat, but would hope that the manufacturing has improved.

Back