More Fun with Foxes

DoubleUp

Since it is too wet to go anywhere to call, I decided to try to call in the second one of the pair of coyotes that were here last week. I didn't get the coyote, but two reds responded and came back to the call over and over for at least 30 to 40 minutes. The wind was howling, but it was amazing how far they could hear the call. They responded well to Babe Cottontail, Juvenile Red Distress, Vole Squeaks, Lightning Jack, and best of all Platinum Gray.

They would come to the call and then I would mute it before they got too close. They would lose interest and move off, and then I would call them back again. In the piece of video I used for YouTube, they run around behind my pond and one of them actually lays down near the call while the other one is still spooked by it. They were funny to watch, and I shot a lot of video of them but just used this short piece. I was videoing through the Apex XQ50 to my mini dvr.

The picture in the eyepiece is much brighter than on the video so it is still a work in progress trying to find the best balance between what I see and what the dvr sees. Thermal was pretty terrible since it had rained all day and there was still a light mist falling. I hope you enjoy this short piece.

Great video, Liked it lot

About as much fun a person can have without pulling the trigger

The things you see and the way they act at night is worth going hunting rather then to bed

Back