Anything new in winter clothing?

As someone with Raynaud's who gets cold toes and fingers easily, I am always on the lookout for the newest in warm gloves or mittens as well as boots that really keep one's body parts toasty without weighing a ton. Anything new out there?

not really a new item but i was searching for the penncott snowdrift cammo pattern and the only place i could find it was on ebay. this pattern is awesome on the prairies

Has anyone else found an awesome snow/fall cammo pattern that works?

I have the realtree snow pattern

The warmest stuff is some of the looser fitting stuff. A loose fitted 400gram thinsulate boot with wool socks is warmer than 1000gram boots you need to shove your feet into. Same goes for socks, a light weight sock that doesn't fill your boot will be warmer than a thick wool sock that makes your boots fit tight.

Same goes for gloves, loose is best, and I like a big wool mit that allows me to wear a mechanics glove under them. The mechanics glove adds some insulation and I can remove the warm mit but not be bare skinned. These have been my favorite so far.... Not the be all, end all of winter gloves but finding actual good warm gloves for those -25 nights isn't easy. https://www.overland.com/products/b-3-sheepskin-mittens-75046.aspx

The gloves aren't fitted very large, I got their largest pair and would like larger and I don't have the largest hands, so if you have large hands these might not be the best. They do break in a little and you get more room out of them without loosing insulation.

My goal this year is to find some big burly mits made from coyote or beaver fur, something like I see pictures of eskimos wearing but I have never found a pair yet and they wont be cheap.

I finally spent the money and bought some heat3 gloves for this year. Wanted them for awhile now but just couldnt spend the money for them.

Anything for alpaca for gloves or socks if you have a store that sells alpaca. I have a pair I only use for really cold weather..they don't make coats in it but vests that can be worn under your camo. Makes wool look like cotton by comparison..if you like natural stuff vs synthetics.

Back