Foxpro Spitfire vs, Primos Turbo dogg

the spitfire isn't heavy.

it has, as I recall, 5 volume settings. I've controlled mine from as far as about 100 yards away with no problems. That's as far as I've ever tried.

Hi guys, I'm a new member and a new predator hunter. I bought a Turbo Dogg then saw a number of posts about it. Some said it didn't have a good sound and that the remote didn't work well. I went out this morning after my wife went to work to try it out. I set it across the road from my house and walked back 40 yds. I set the volumn at 25 (out of 100) it worked perfect and was loud. I moved back 100 yds and had my garage between me and the caller and it still worked great. At that point my wife called me from work. I still had the caller at 25 and on a bluejay call and turned it on. She asked if I was outside, I said yes and that was a bluejay she was hearing. I moved back another 50 yds and now had my neighbors shed and my garage between me and the caller and it still worked. I'm happy with the Turbo Dogg now I just need some coyotes.

I had my spitfire for 2 years its a great call. I run rechargable energizers in it and get great. Battery life. Havnt had a single problem with It. Last year i dropped it on the concrete and broke the inside surround on the speaker, still works and sounds great. I would go for the next up foxpro. 25 sounds is a lot but its always nice to have more.

I have a Johnny Stewart as well and the run time and volume is better with that battery and large speaker. I also use the plug in spotlight with the call for hunting at night, and always have had enough battery power for a full night of calling. The weight does not bother me, I use a backpack to carry it in. I also put all my calling tapes on recorded copies, but NEVER had any problems with tapes in the cold. The large speaker also helps to cut through the wind with plenty of volume. I keep using mine because the battery is rechargeable. I'll trade weight for performance any time!

Im not unhappy with my Turbo dogg yet..I did have to elevate it to get the remote to work more than 20 yards,but I can live with that..LOUD AS H!@#

Back