22 Nosler Mag?

Beni

Has anyone had any success running with .223 mags? Just curious if this would work? I like polymer mags better.

Originally Posted By: Dirty Hippie Magpul makes 6.8 SPC mags for LWRC. I have never tried them but they are probably your best bet.

Those don't fit a STANDARD AR. They are for their propriety set up.

Greg

No. Probably too long and too wide. Plus I would think they might be hard to obtain. Just by some asc mags and call it good.

Greg

Originally Posted By: BeniHas anyone had any success running with .223 mags? Just curious if this would work? I like polymer mags better.

You can purchase metal 10 round mags for the Nosler for $21. They are for standard Ar's and are supposed to work with 224 Valkyrie/22 Nosler/6.8SPC. Cmmginc dot com.

I wonder why magpul would make 6,8 mags for only one proprietary maker? doesn't make sense to me. PRI mags are by far the best 6.8 mags. expensive as all get out though. ASC=junk

I have a 10 round asc 6.8 mag that works fine. I know that’s what Greg and Ritch both run too with no issues. I don’t know
maybe our mags are older but I know mine works just fine in my 6x6.8.

Originally Posted By: steve garrettI wonder why magpul would make 6,8 mags for only one proprietary maker? doesn't make sense to me. PRI mags are by far the best 6.8 mags. expensive as all get out though. ASC=junk

Because Magpul and LWRC worked together to develop the platform that LWRC did for potential military sales that occurred outside the US. They don't see an adequate market yet to gear up for a standard magazine.

Keep buying those PRI's Steve. They fit right in with your experience level.

Greg

Last edited:
I use a 15 round PRI 6.8 mag in my 22 Nosler. I purchased two of them when I put my 6.8 together 6 or 7 years ago, and that's what I had on hand. Now I use one for the 22N, and one for the 6.8. I have had zero issues with the PRI mags in the 22N or the 6.8.

I also have a 25 round ASC 6.8 magazine that I have tried in both the 22N and 6.8. I have had zero issues with it as well. I run the PRI's simply because I prefer the shorter size for hunting, and I haven't had a need to purchase anything different than what I already have.

If I were to buy one today, I would probably buy which ever one was available in a 10 round size. If both were available, I'd go with the cheaper option, because they both have worked fine for me.

Just my .02

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: steve garrettI wonder why magpul would make 6,8 mags for only one proprietary maker? doesn't make sense to me. PRI mags are by far the best 6.8 mags. expensive as all get out though. ASC=junk

Because Magpul and LWRC worked together to develop the platform that LWRC did for potential military sales that occurred outside the US. They don't see an adequate market yet to gear up for a standard magazine.

Keep buying those PRI's Steve. They fit right in with your experience level.

Greg

thats funny keep posting group sizes that are measured with embellishment, dude people do notice that, BTW, truth dart. I guess crappy spot welds, feel lips that are deformed and not from damage. overlapping metal, OAL that can't be loaded that far. all that is fake and didn't happen. YES ASC mags are junk. You don't need experience to see that PRI mags are light years better made. I guess it fits with some of the other bologna we see around here at times. I spend insane amounts of money doing a hobby I love, spending an extra $20 bucks for decent mags that don't have issues is a small price to pay.

Back