FLIR PTS536 Coyote Video

Kirsch

In ND, our night season doesn't open until after deer gun season closes. I couldn't wait any longer to try out the FLIR PTS536 so I decided to use the Flir PTS536 on the first stand of the morning. Not quite the same as night hunting, but still fun. The first shot was really bad. The coyote was really close, and it moved just as I squeezed the shot. Nice opening voyage for the 536.

Video

Well, looks like you broke it in just fine.

Does the scope have different crosshair configurations?

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Well, looks like you broke it in just fine.

Does the scope have different crosshair configurations?

Yes, all Flir PTS models come with 6 crosshairs available in 4 colors. Here is the link to their reticle info.

Originally Posted By: Kevinfarmer3456Wow the Optics of that thing look really impressive I really like how you can see all of the heat off of the splatter
I owned a Pulsar Trail XQ38 before this thermal. That is one difference I notice a lot is the pulsar seemed to look better when it came to the environment such as rocks, trees, brush, etc. However, the FLIR PTS536 seems to display better detail on the actual animal.

Nice Korey, I'll be interested in what you think between the Pulsar & Flir once you've had more hunt time. Especially in the cold North dacolder winters!

Originally Posted By: DarknightNice Korey, I'll be interested in what you think between the Pulsar & Flir once you've had more hunt time. Especially in the cold North dacolder winters! I will definitely do that. If it holds POI and handles the cold, I think it will be a keeper.

Originally Posted By: DarknightDid you get the extended battery pack and a beer bottle coozie to keep it warm?
I have never used an opti-soc (beer coozie). I don't believe they have them for the FLir PTS series yet. As far as battery, I don't like messing with CR123 batteries especially in the cold. I made an extended battery pack out of an Anker 10,000Mah pack. There are others using the round 5000 battery packs and using a flashlight or IR holder as it works with round items. Night Goggles also has a battery pack kit for use with the PTS series. The scope has a picatinny rail on the side so it makes it fairly easy to mount something. A 10,000 mah battery will probably last nearly 2 full nights of continuous use.
flir_battery.jpg

Back