I am a new coyote hunter........

Ok KC I'll give this one last try...

Welcome to predator masters KC.
If your willing to learn, you've come to the right place. I personally have only been predator hunting for six years and I don't claim to know it all but I can definitely point you in the right direction. Tell us a little about your weapon and gear your using... ie: ammunition, camouflage, how you set up on stand, hat, gloves/facemask, hand calls, e-caller, decoy etc. What books have you read? How often do you shoot your weapon?

You've been around for 130 posts, and I don't really understand your question.

If you want to learn to hunt coyotes I suggest a couple of good books or something like TT's video "So you want to be a coyote Hunter", go on a hunt with a guide or mentor.

There is a lot to learn here but you have to ask the right questions or understand what others are asking.

I find this site more of a place to sort out a problem, not a place to learn from scratch.

I personally find books to be a great place to learn as you can reference them any time.

Reading list. I like Spomer, Simonski, Bodicker (sp?)

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=coyote+hunting+books

Last edited:
The two gentlemen posting above are SPOT on!

Remember the old saying - “listen and learn”

Asking simple questions is a great place to start and having good dialogue with fellow predator hunters is priceless.

That Gerry Blair book was great and I learned alot from it and trial and error. While field time is an excellent learning tool it's a double edge sword because you aren't the only one learing. Them coyotes get pretty smart watching you fumble and become more challenging leading to frustration beyond belief. Read and ask questions and apply the knowledge and tactics to your hunts modifying them to fit your situation and set ups.

Thanx Mr. Poppadopalis.

KC here's my gear; My wife's Savage Axis Combo "she won in a raffle" in .22-250 Rem. Well it was my wife's.
Ammunition; hand loaded
36gr Varmint grenades, 50gr Spitzer Blitz, 53gr V-MAX, 55gr V-MAX. Bog pod tri-pod, a stool, and last but not least...snakeboots. I'll get to the tactical bag next.

Originally Posted By: AWSYou've been around for 130 posts, and I don't really understand your question.

If you want to learn to hunt coyotes I suggest a couple of good books or something like TT's video "So you want to be a coyote Hunter", go on a hunt with a guide or mentor.

There is a lot to learn here but you have to ask the right questions or understand what others are asking.

I find this site more of a place to sort out a problem, not a place to learn from scratch.

I personally find books to be a great place to learn as you can reference them any time.

Reading list. I like Spomer, Simonski, Bodicker (sp?)

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=coyote+hunting+books

I am going to agree with AWS here.

You can learn quite a bit from reading and watching videos. But in the end, it all comes down to what you are learning from your own stands. You can watch guys like Big Al Morris shoot coyotes all day long and you will learn that he knows what he is doing.

I also got a lot from talking with these great hunters on PM. But if you are asking them to teach you what you need to know, that isn't going to happen from a few posts. They can't see you hunt, and the info that they get is limited to what you tell us. Someone also doesn't learn by asking then arguing. If you know enough to argue, then you should be good enough to hang fur. Take what they say, and give it a try. If it works, incorporate it into your hunts. If it doesn't work for you, then put it in the bin with all the other gear that doesn't work and move on.

Now the tactical bag has my FoxPro Crossfire w/decoy and remote, extra ammunition, hand calls, facemask, gloves, a good first aid kit, skinning knife, para cord etc. What I am getting at is it makes it easier... at least for me.

Originally Posted By: azpredatorhunterLoL, Nothing! They tried to get people to pay but it didn't work out.

yeah, i know about all that pay to host crap they pulled a few years ago. i personally have hundreds of pictures on photobucket. anyway i guess they are still there. dont really know though because i have not been back there since they demanded money to host.

so they have done away with the ransom on the pictures now?

KC I hope your reading this... I am trying to help you get started. Here's the Savage after a little spray paint. Don't be afraid of painting your hunting rifle. Yeah your pictures should still be there. I didn't use my account for years until now.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: azpredatorhunterKC I hope your reading this... I am trying to help you get started. Here's the Savage after a little spray paint. Don't be afraid of painting your hunting rifle. Yeah your pictures should still be there. I didn't use my account for years until now.

I see photobucket is adding graffiti to pics with their "proudly hosted..." watermark. Nothing is free, unless you don't mind having your photos defaced with more of their BS...

Photobucket Trying to Mend Fences?

Maybe!

To OP, finding and hunting near dens during mating season can be effective.

2014Punta21FebRattlerDen047_zps6e49a943.jpg

Originally Posted By: GCI dont see a watermark?

Strange, Gary, I see PB watermark on AZ's pic but not on my pic above. Server issues? I'm using Firefox.

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hm1996

Photobucket Trying to Mend Fences?

Maybe!

To OP, finding and hunting near dens during mating season can be productive.

2014Punta21FebRattlerDen047_zps6e49a943.jpg

Originally Posted By: GCI dont see a watermark?

Strange, Gary, I see PB watermark on AZ's pic but not on my pic above. Server issues? I'm using Firefox.

Regards,
hm

i see it on all the pictures.

Originally Posted By: azpredatorhunterThanx Mr. Poppadopalis.

KC here's my gear; My wife's Savage Axis Combo "she won in a raffle" in .22-250 Rem. Well it was my wife's.
Ammunition; hand loaded
36gr Varmint grenades, 50gr Spitzer Blitz, 53gr V-MAX, 55gr V-MAX. Bog pod tri-pod, a stool, and last but not least...snakeboots. I'll get to the tactical bag next.

AZ,

That is some great looking gear;-)

Send me your address again!

PS what size are the boots???

Hahahahhaaaaaaaaa

Back