Standard barrel threads????

Pruson

Got a tough initiation into the suppressor world this month. First of all I discovered how well the Kimber Rifle Company makes their rifles, unbelievable accuracy right out of the box. I bought a couple of their rifles over the past year or so. I bought a Kimber Montana 22-250 and a Kimber Ascent 6.5 Creedmoor. I decided to put a suppressor on them and applied for the ATF stamp back in March, purchased a SilencerCo Omega Suppressor equipped to fit either the standard 1/2" x 28 thread or the 5/8" by 24. Got the stamp in October, went to pick up my Suprressor and found out it was not compatible to either rifle. Kimber barrels are threaded 7/16"x28. Had a tough time finding a suitable adapter to make the conversion. Finally got what I needed from a place in Arkansas called the SilencerStore.com or Xcaliber Firearms. Tiffany was a big help in all this. Great customer service there. Just so you know if you ever run into this situation.

Thanks for the heads up. Good info. Not sure why companies feel the need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to threads.

That aggravates the heck out of me when those jackwagons think that they have to buck the trend on thread pitch. 1/2x28 & 5/8x24 will cover the majority of all factory gun needs.

Yeah, on the one hand you can see it from a manufacturing point for safety, in order to try and keep those "special" customers from blowing off a muzzle device. But a lot of it seems to be more of a proprietary issue, so that they can sell you more of their accessories.

Oh well.

Yep. No way a 1/2” thread will go on my Kimber Hunter Pro as is

Originally Posted By: liliysdadThere are times when alternative threads, like 7/16 and 9/16 are needed due to barrel profile.

Last edited:
There are a few aftermarket guys making Silencerco mounts custom made for different thread pitches, no adapters required. They are titanium so they are lighter and also cheaper than SiCo mounts. Not sure if they make them for the Harvester but I'm sure they could on request, I know they make them for the omega and hybrid, I have several.

Back