A couple kills from the other morning

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpVery nice. I just can't get myself geared to shooting on black hot.

For those with black hot or white hot only and no color reticles, a white reticle seems easier to see on black hot than a black reticle on white hot. The black reticle gets lost in the black background. My FLIR has colored palettes and reticles and I still tend to shoot Black hot. Everything just seems crisper.

I'm running a 22" 6DTI and 58gr vmax at 3538fps. Both dogs were under 100yrds. These are my 4th and 5th kills with the scope so I'm still getting the hang of aiming and such. I switch back and forth between black hot and white hot and the black reticle is very very difficult to see.
qChFpsQ.jpg

I certainly agree the black reticle is more difficult to see especially in the 3 post design. I had to switch to the #11 reticle in the Apex XQ50 which corresponds to the 2Xi reticle in the Trail to get one that I could see well, but I can id animals so much better in white hot because it gives much better contrast and shades on an animal rather than just solid black. Everyone has to use what they are comfortable with I suppose.

Back