Suppressor and Winchester PowerPoints?

KamronG

I recently got an Omega 300 and was just wondering if it was okay to shoot Winchester PowerPoints through it? I know they recommend to not shoot lead bullets through their suppressors. But since the bullet only has a lead core and has a copper jacket then are the PowerPoints fine to shoot through the suppressor?

Thanks in advance for any responses

I asked Silencerco a similar question and they said exposed lead tips are fine, as long as the bullet has a copper jacket. I believe it is the rifling that strips off the exposed lead of non-jacketed bullets and leads up the can.

I agree with greyhunter. On a side note silencerco also told me it was not ok to do full copper jacketed 22lr in the omega. When i asked why the tech stated that the copper jacket on a 22lr rimfire bullet is much much thinner than a centerfire bullet. Thus the lead becomes exposed much quicker. Not sure if this is fact or not but it made some sense.

Last edited:
I don’t plan on shooting any 22lr through it, but thanks for letting me know. The more I know, the better. Don’t want to take any chances on messing up my can.

I do not worry about this. I have been casting lead balls and bullets since I was 14 and yes I played with mercury with my hands.
I think indoor Gun ranges should filter the air. I would worry more about the smoke from gunpowder than the lead bullet tips.
I still shoot lead bullets in my 38-55 and my 45-70. One range I shoot at, people shoot old military rounds with mercury primers. I stay up wind.

I have a Specwar and I clean it once a year. I use rubber gloves and clean my rifles outside.
The cleaners can be smelly. I am 71 and I try not to anything stupid.

Back