Titanium Suppressor...how do you clean yours?

Originally Posted By: MerditSkinney, not being a smart alec here. I would love to hear some stories on your suppressor mishaps, especially the rounds stuck in the baffle stack and sidewall blowouts. Holy cow!

The rounds stuck in the baffle stack were my fault, as I was developing sub sonic blackout rounds and I did verify they were stable on paper at 50 yards making sure they didn't keyhole, unfortunately I had a weak ignition on one firing that squibed the projo into the can. Can was an SRT Shadow XL Ti, which it had no damage done to the internals at all.

The side wall blow outs were on a couple initial prototype cans that the laser engraving was too hot making the wall weak and it tore along the engraving.

SAS titanium Arbuter, 10 years old, 1000,s of rounds.

Plug up one end, set vertical,fill with white vinegar, let set over night.

I clean once a year.

Originally Posted By: Brad69Straight simple green in sonic cleaner with heat works awesome Dakota silencer rep told me at a gun show Will have to give it a try next time. Have used the Hornady gun parts cleaner and it works OK. Thanks.

I was told to just squirt some CLP in my SAS Resistor and that would be good. Well I couldn't do it. I probably have 2000 rounds through it and decided to put it in the ultrasonic cleaner with Hornady gun cleaner. I ran it for about an hour. During that hour I replaced the water 4 times and it was solid black. I use my ultra sonic for cleaning lots of different gun parts and that was by far the dirtiest I have ever seen it.

Originally Posted By: Brad69Straight simple green in sonic cleaner with heat works awesome Dakota silencer rep told me at a gun show

Do you take the suppressor apart or just put the baffles in the cleaner? If you do put the whole suppressor in, did you have any problems with the exterior color being eaten away?

Originally Posted By: RayDogCLR works well on TI

RayDog, the post above mentioned CLP. You said CLR. So did you mean to agree with CLP (Break free Clean, Lubricate, Protect) or recommend CLR (Calcium, Lime, Rust remover)? I know that you of all people would know what works for cleaning a ti suppressor.

Probably a dumb question, but that's where I'm at. Thanks

Back