FoxPro Rechargeable battery packs or buy rechargeable batteries?

I am going to purchase a FoxPro CS24C caller and am trying to decide on whether it would be best to go ahead and order the foxpro sealed rechargeable battery packs or just go with regular rechargeable batteries...what do most of you think? Thanks

Gene

Originally Posted By: kchI think Foxpro packs are overpriced.

I think so too...kind of why I was asking. Mainly to see if maybe they hold charge better, get more time per charge as compared to regular rechargeable batteries. I don't mind paying the price if they hold up better. A friend has a shockwave and it seems to drain batteries pretty good after a night of hunting. Thanks

Gene

I assume you're mentioning the LifePOs from www.batteryspace.com.

There are two batteries I'd recommend from them:

http://www.batteryspace.com/lifepo426650battery128v3300mah42wh7aratewpcb.aspx

These are the big boys. As big as you can get in the pack provided. I had to make a small velcro extension (realy easy - just two pieces of velcro side by side) to have the battery fit.

Or these:
http://www.batteryspace.com/lifepo418650battery128v2700mahrectanglepack3456wh7aratewpcb.aspx

For either you'll need a charger:
http://www.batteryspace.com/smartcharger...barrelplug.aspx

Connectors:
Connector/Adaptor: 5.5 mm x 2.5 mm Barrel Female Connector
AD-5525F 1 $5.95 $5.95

Connector/Adaptor: 5.5 mm x 2.5 mm Barrel Male Connector

Connector/Adaptor: 5.5 mm x 2.1 mm Barrel Female (Wire 35" long)

All the connectors are used to make an adapter for the battery pack to work directly with the foxpro and to make a charging adapter for the battery pack to charger. All that you need to finish is a soldering iron and some heat shrink tubes. A multimeter helps to make sure you've got everything wired properly.

If you're going dual packs you'll need another: Connector/Adaptor: 5.5 mm x 2.5 mm Barrel Male Connector

this is what I did years ago. best move I ever did!

I've struggled with this decision for years with the same caller. I just use the regular batteries (black FoxPro batteries) and they hold their charge at high volume for at least 20-25 sets depending on the temperature. My remote is what really likes to eat them throughout the day. LOL

Just a heads up...

If you swap out the factory plug from your caller you void the Foxpro factory warranty!

I was going to switch over to Deans plugs on my Shockwave. Before I did I called Foxpro and they explicitly said that would void my warranty. Thank goodness I called because I blew a cone speaker a couple of weeks later! Foxpro fixed it for free.

By the way... The FOxpro pack is worth the couple extra bucks. The pack lasts FOREVER!! I'm talking multiple days of calling at high volume before needing a recharge.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kilk14Eneloops have been really good for me.

Same here, I have some that are 5+ years old and still hold a charge like new. I do use a Powerex smart charger. I believe that a quality charger does make a difference as far as battery life goes.
I prefer to have individual batteries that I can monitor. Cheaper to replace 1 bad battery than a whole pack because 1 cell goes bad.
And I don't like the idea of leaving a battery pack in anything while charging.

Last edited:
Back