Which do you recommend?

Tracker0721

I’ve been asked a couple times and I’ll tell everyone, the custom call makers on here know their stuff. I’ve used Rare earth’s to call in hard chargers, stone creeks got a couple wolves to come in AND coyotes, bitterroot fits the hand like a glove and brought in a lot last year, Rain shadows has brought bear and coyote, and I got a carver that has had some howling back while on the evening walk but hasn’t been hunting yet.

I don’t consider myself a good caller, definitely haven’t hunted prime spots, not that lucky, so it must say something about these calls that I got a good few last year and this year has already started out pretty good! They all sound amazing, none of them hang up, they haven’t froze on me yet(my old metal did every hunt), and they’re just super simple to call on. Not to mention beautiful! So thank you guys for making the awesome calls and I’ll gladly continue purchasing and recommending your calls. The goal this year is a bobcat with a mouth call! My new red-F or Bitterroot may be the ticket.

I'm kind of partial to RR calls because he has done so much to support PM and the Wash. Predator Hunters. Also his calls work well for me.

I also like TT calls I won a free hunt with him at the convention and then bought a handful to show my appreciation, again they call coyotes.

I think construction has a lot to do with my selection of calls, I've had more than a few that would fall apart regularly, metal reeds/sound boards fall out. Nothing more irritating to get to a stand and find you have an empty barrel hanging around your neck.

Some calls are much easier to call on, having been a asthma sufferer for a majority of my life having a call that can make sounds with little air is a big plus otherwise I ruin the stand with a coughing fit.

I'm pretty much deaf, can't hear birds sing and a lot of phones and alarms are out of my hearing range so I am not a good one to merit a call on it's sound. I haven't found that sound has a big deal in calls as I don't think I've ever had a custom or production call that wouldn't call a coyote.

I think my selection of calls is mainly based on what "Trips My Trigger" on a specific day. As they all seem to work for me.

Last edited:
I just got my closed reed call from BMeyer here on this forum. I am beyond impressed with the craftsmanship. It has a huge volume range. Can be blown barely hearable to booming loud.

Back