One for Two

DoubleUp

I called in two tonight in a field where I am going to going to put a deer stand, and managed to get one of them on a long 300 yd. shot. We were calling in unpicked beans, and I told my hunting buddy that it might be a problem for him especially since he sits with his tripod and that makes even more IR reflection.

I had a pretty good shot when they first came out across the field and kept waiting for him to shoot because I knew he wanted to kill one with the suppressor, and I thought that might give me an opportunity on the second coyote.

Unfortunately he never could see them because of the IR glare off the beans and so I let the best shot get by me knowing they were going into our downwind quickly. I finally took the long desperation shot when I realized he wasn't going to get off a shot.

Anyway it worked out but could have been a lot better. The bad thing about hunting with a partner is trying to get them a shot and passing up a good kill opportunity for yourself. I might could have gotten the double had I shot when they were closer.

One for Two by Double Up, on Flickr

You'll have to click on the blank screen and it will take you to Flickr where you can watch the video.
Thermal was not as sharp tonight with the warm weather and high humidity from the approaching rain, but I managed to get it done.

Back