New Technology Predator Calls

EMP3

This has assuredly been hammered into every conceivable geometric opinion possible. Please bear with me, for I'm old school with abiding respect for evolving technology.

I've not yet attained amateur status within your sport. I've bought a .222 Rem. I haven't yet seen it. Tracking info indicates it'll be at my FFL on Monday. To write that I've got a lot to learn would be like saying the Pacific Ocean is a body of water.

I'm all set to delve into actual knowledge of pursuing predators except I ain't yet got a call. I'm am old school, but I do know benefits of modern technology. Hence, I'm looking to pick up an electronic call. According to info I've gleaned to date, this baby: https://www.primos.com/products/predator-calls/alpha-dogg/ seems to be highly rated. Being highly rated is subjective. Does it work? Is there a better model?

To this very day, my dad's admonition to me when I was a youngin' & I got the notion to buy something will return to occupy the part of my noggin that guides my purchases: "Buy quality the first time and you won't have to buy again."

I watched a youtube video about Alpha Dogg. The narrator said Alpha Dogg is identical to its inception some 7 years ago. My thought is technology is vastly superior today than it was 7 years ago.

If you were going to buy an electronic call today, what would you buy? What model would assure you that you wouldn't have to buy again?

Thanks so much in advance.

Based on my success with my Foxpro Shockwave, I'd buy another or one comparable. Great machine. Few regret buying a relatively high level Foxpro. Those Lucky Duck calls get pretty favorable reviews, but my personal experience with one is limited to a few stands with a fellow PMer who brought one along on a day of hunting.

Back