Well, I got it home ATN X-Sight 4K Pro

Here is some video from my 4k during my first coyote harvest of the year. video is pretty decent but I only had the scope set for 30 fps I think. gonna try it on 60 and 120 fps my next outing.

nah, mine is the 3-14, but if you turn on the "extended zoom" you can get all the way up to like 37x magnification. It gets pretty pixelated if you get up over 20x. I had the 5-20 x sight 2 and didn't like the FOV on it so I went down to the 3-14 when I bought the 4k.

I will say i was kinda disappointed when I went out and sighted it in. @ 100yards i couldn't see the orange spot in the middle of my target it was so blurry. Did a little tweaking on it though and seems to be straightened out for this coyote video.

The coyote in this video that I killed was at about 125 yards. The ones in the beginning of the video were at about 800 yards.

Last edited:

I figured you had the 5-20x since the FOV was pretty narrow in the video.

What are your overall thoughts about the 4k at this point?

yea the FOV was narrow because I actually had the scope zoomed waaaay in. The coyotes in the beginning of the clip are over 800 yards away so I had it zoomed in to like 20x using the extended zoom. When I turned to the one I ended up shooting I actually zoomed back out as I turned. I still didn't get all the way back down to 3x but it was better than the 20x I was on while watching the long distance dogs.

So far, I like this scope a lot. I haven't been plagued with the issues that some others have, so my experience with this scope is great. I did have the scope freeze up on me the very first time I enabled WIFI, but a quick reboot of the scope had everything working right and the next time I tried to enable WIFI everything worked just fine.

My first outing to the range wasn't real great. The scoped dialed in just fine, but I wasn't real impressed with the picture. I did some fidgeting with the scope the day I shot this yote and got the picture looking decent, but I've got a few more things to try. One thing I do fully intend to try is to get a butler creek cap and drill a 3/8" or 1/2" hole in it to see if it clears up the picture more. I know this trick (or using the included sun cap if it came with it) worked VERY well for my old Xsight 2 to clear the picture up. I also fully intend to take it out and shoot it to 500+ yards to see how accurate the ballistic calculator is. I'll be sure [beeep] post how it goes when I do it.

I know ATN doesn't have the greatest reputation out there amongst NV and Thermal optic producers, but I have had 2 NV optics and a thermal by them and haven't had any issues what so ever. I still have the thermal and the 4k NV optic and depending on how my testing of the ballistic calculator goes, I may pick up the 1000 yard ABL when it is released. If the ballistic calculator isn't worth a crap I'll probably still get the ABL and put it on my thermal exclusively for night hunting. I have a tough time judging distance at night because I hunt a lot of different places, so the ABL would be great just for that purpose alone, even if I don't turn the Ballistic Calculator on to work in tandem with it.

Andy, when the scope froze up, how did you reboot it? I have heard some say the onboard rechargeable battery is a problem since you can't simply unplug it to power the scope down.

What about inserting the micro SD card? I have read that it can easily be lost inside the housing if care is not taken to get it into the right place.

I really like the ballistic calculator in my X-Sight 2. I found it to be very accurate, but I didn't shoot the long ranges you mentioned.

All I had to do to reboot it was hold down the power button for 15 seconds.

As far as inserting the micro sd card, yea I almost lost mine inside the housing the first time I went to insert the card. It's kind of a cruddy design, but as long as you pay attention and are pushing the card straight into the scope without pointing it up at all, you won't lose it in the scope. The other thing, is the card had to go in "upside down" in my scope... seemed kinda weird to me, but oh well.
One thing I did right away was trim the bump tab off the cover for the SD Card port. The cover has a little hump on it that pushes on the card and can cause the card to unseat and fall out. It's a simple 30 second fix with a razor blade... ATN has addressed this issue and supposedly has a replacement SD card slot cover available free of charge to anyone who needs it.

I've got days off in the middle of the next week so hopefully I can get out and test. I also have a bunch of different handloads I need to test out as well. Gotta try to find a bullet that is a bit more fur friendly than the 50g vmax and the 55 varmageddon. thinking I might try the sierra 1365 and see how it does.

Have you had any issues with the colors you see through scope being no near as vibrant as the natural eye. My colors through scope do not compare to real life

Back