First Peek at the 22-NXS!!

Not wringing it out yet but my guess is 125-150 or so. CFE is the only thing that's been shot. Ritch sent me some pics from the other day and the primers are picture perfect.

Greg

Sounds like we need a 22 nxs necked up to 6mm.....
ohmy.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KahunerOriginally Posted By: GLShooterNot wringing it out yet but my guess is 125-150 or so.

Greg

Could you esplain that Lucy honey?

With the limited, 18 pieces of brass, that Ritch had all he shot was CFE 223. He did not MAX it out according to what we would normally use as high pressure indicators, like primer flattening, we have seen none, and ejector/extractor swipes of which we have sen none.

Once it gets into my hands and with the weather cooperating with Ritch a bit more we will be shooting a bunch of stuff. He has some he has now shot 9 times with tight pockets and if things go along like that with other powders who knows what it will be.

I'll try at least four powders on the first go around and then move on to various bullet weights. The goal is to use this on varmints but I'll fire up some 80's just to see what we have. I'm not going out and order a 6 1/2 twist but I suspect this one will shoot heavier than we expect with a bit of nurturing. They claim 90's out of the Valkyrie and a 7 twist work that I find suspect but since we have more capacity we might pull it off. I have a box of the SMK's setting on my shelf. Ten shots will tell me where we stand.

Greg

PS: A 6 MM version of this WILL NOT be a 6 MM HAGAR. The use of the 22 Nosler dies changes the case shape but realistically the chronograph would never no the difference whether they are massaged or not. Also a 6 MM Nosler is a shorter case closer to the Valkyrie in proportion. Great way to rob yourself of capacity if that's your goal.

Last edited:
Greg, have you ever thought of running for public office? You seem to parry off the trolling and stupid questions very well. Keep it up!

Originally Posted By: varminter .22320 years??? I learned all I needed to know working in a prison in 2 years
ohmy.gif
Working in one is like doing time in one
thumbdown.gif

Actually a tad over 22 years with the Feds. I had a wonderful career with them. I got to do things that many Walter Mittys dream about.

Seven years flying on Con Air, yes THAT Con Air, as a flight nurse. Three years running a pharmacy as the pharmacist and then toward the end I got detailed 3-4 times/years for three week teaching stints teaching long range shooting to our MO/snipers. In between I was on our SORT/SWAT team and got to instruct there and burn lots of ammo at tax payer expense.

Truly a wonderful career with mandatory retirement at age 57. Of course I spent years before that running psychiatric units for kids, adults and drug treatment with a smattering of medical stuff. Luckily all those put together let me compete all over the US in various shooting disciplines.

Greg

After Ritch doing some quick comparison testing for the 22-NXS between 20" and 24" he manged to get the upper to FedEx for me. It showed up yesterday after noon so I threw it on a new lower and took this less than photogenic picture of it in it's first iteration. This is the first cheese grater forearm for me and the Rodgers Super Stock is a quantum leap past what I normally use for a collapsible. The lower has a BTE trigger at this point.

8uqDG7Z.jpg

I have to go down to the range this AM for a swap meet so figured I'd get a few cases fire formed to see what my die settings will be. Of course being a wildcat you squeeze and fit until everything looks good. This one was a real challenge. It took me 10 minutes to make the first five cases but then I did stop to feed the cats and dog so it might go faster uninterrupted. I selected a nice stout loading of CFE for the initial five shots.

Testing will begin in earnest next week with various bullets and powders. I'll report back on how it goes. The final production reamer has been ordered so the clock is ticking there.

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooterI paid a tad more because of the length.

Greg

I get them from Chandler Hardwoods. They have a Blem section and I'm yet to see why they sale them as Blems

Back