#1 for the season, and #1 for the new ATN 4k Pro

LittleAndy

Got out for a couple stands this morning. Went out to a pasture across the road from the gas plant I work in because we always hear them out there at night.

Got set up at about 8:30am facing west with a wind blowing from left to right at about 20 mph. Cranked up the FoxPro with a Tony Tebbe cottontail sound and started looking. Found 2 coyotes 800+ yards upwind of me working their way towards me. Didn't figure there was anyway in heck they heard the call yet, so I sat and watched them through my scope for a couple minutes. After a couple minutes I caught a flash of white out the corner of my eye to the west. Sure enough, a young coyote had snuck it's way in to about 125 yards. Waited for it to look away so I could get turned and when it did I turned. Lined up on it and let the 22-250 bark. Bang flop she was down. Turned and looked for the other 2 coyotes and didn't see either of them.
CRAP.
Cranked up a pup distress and wouldn't ya know it, the other two had closed the distance and appeared straight west of me at about 350 yards. One of the two got adventurous and hopped it's way through the cat tails and popped out about 20 yards downwind of the downed dog. It turned sideways and gave me a perfect shot. I squeezed the trigger and heard the loudest fricken click of my entire life... When I cycled the bolt, apparently it didn't catch the next round in the mag. By the time I cycled it again, the coyote knew what was up and took off.
The new ATN 4K pro worked very well. I am very pleased with how it performed!

Video is here youtube video

Back