Shockwave battery life display

Greyhunter

Is the battery life display on the shockwave unit (not the remote) fairly accurate? I'm using year old Energizer rechargeable AAs and I am surprised how many stands I've made and it's still showing one bar from a full charge. I don't want to ruin the batteries by constantly charging them but I don't know if I can trust the little battery life display either. What's your experience?
Thanks

Used a Shockwave for several years. The meter in it worked great. Many times full days woworth of hunting at full volumes would see a decrease at end of second day. Never wanted to be without so kept a full set of spare batteries with me in the vehicle. Switched if it died.

My Shockwave battery life display works perfectly. I can easily get several days of calling on one charge with the Foxpro rechargeable batteries providing I don't forget to turn the call off at some point on the trip. I wouldn't worry much about the Energizers life as they seem to last very well also. But I do always carry extra batteries to assure I'm not dead in the water.

Thanks for the replies, it is good to hear the display is accurate. It seems like the Shockwave is easier on batteries than my Fury, even though it is running 2 speakers all the time.

Back