No Success Lately...........

I haven't been out much due to heavy rains, work, and my sons bowling tourney schedule. I can't access my prime areas due to crops..... I may be able to set in the beans....now that they are golden....

I did do a few sets last weekend in a couple hay fields...............crickets.. I am looking forward to winter! I shot a tree trunk...for fun just to make sure the rifle was firing as I left...LOL I am sure that will help my future prospects, but it's not like I am THERE....that often.

Ie..this weekend is out because we're going to St. Louis for a youth tourney.....I'm not complaining because we enjoy these trips. He's 16 and and can hold his own in national tourneys on sport shot oil patterns. We don't take normal family vacations....we travel the country to go to bowling tourneys..our world. Indy, Cleveland, Dallas, Detroit?..... we're there..

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat, haven't been out in a while. Been busy with work and a massive cold front came in. Cant wait to get back out there...

Originally Posted By: KC Coyote HunterI haven't been out much due to heavy rains, work, and my sons bowling tourney schedule. I can't access my prime areas due to crops..... I may be able to set in the beans....now that they are golden....

I did do a few sets last weekend in a couple hay fields...............crickets.. I am looking forward to winter! I shot a tree trunk...for fun just to make sure the rifle was firing as I left...LOL I am sure that will help my future prospects, but it's not like I am THERE....that often.

Ie..this weekend is out because we're going to St. Louis for a youth tourney.....I'm not complaining because we enjoy these trips. He's 16 and and can hold his own in national tourneys on sport shot oil patterns. We don't take normal family vacations....we travel the country to go to bowling tourneys..our world. Indy, Cleveland, Dallas, Detroit?..... we're there..
Throw in the towel now KC and spend more time with your family. It's totally obvious you have no respect for the sport, and never will.

Good luck
mad.gif

Called 2 this week, got one and educated one. Got another today that was a target of opportunity from my driveway. The one I missed slipped in from a bad direction and I was looking right into the sun. I could see his head above the grass and held where I thought his body was. I must have run the bullet right down his side, lots of hair but no blood when I went to look.

I've been making young ones curious with brief bursts of fight sounds. The ones I'm hunting have learned to eat the starter feed we are giving our weaned calves under the bunks in the pasture, they aren't hungry right now. Giving a howl or two then short bursts of a fight sequence like a fox/coyote with lots of silence between is working. It's been tough getting anything else to work so far and I don't want to pull out all the tricks yet.

Originally Posted By: azpredatorhunterOriginally Posted By: KC Coyote HunterI haven't been out much due to heavy rains, work, and my sons bowling tourney schedule. I can't access my prime areas due to crops..... I may be able to set in the beans....now that they are golden....

Throw in the towel now KC and spend more time with your family. It's totally obvious you have no respect for the sport, and never will.

Good luck
mad.gif

WOW!

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: azpredatorhunterOriginally Posted By: KC Coyote HunterI haven't been out much due to heavy rains, work, and my sons bowling tourney schedule. I can't access my prime areas due to crops..... I may be able to set in the beans....now that they are golden....

Good luck
mad.gif

WOW! WOW WHAT? DO YOU SHOOT TREES TO END YOUR STAND TOO? THIS GUY IS A DISGRACE TO HUNTERS AND I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM SAYING IT!

Originally Posted By: azpredatorhunterOriginally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: azpredatorhunterOriginally Posted By: KC Coyote HunterI haven't been out much due to heavy rains, work, and my sons bowling tourney schedule. I can't access my prime areas due to crops..... I may be able to set in the beans....now that they are golden....

Good luck
mad.gif

WOW! WOW WHAT? DO YOU SHOOT TREES TO END YOUR STAND TOO? THIS GUY IS A DISGRACE TO HUNTERS AND I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM SAYING IT!

It was a Tree Trunk and you need to relax!

Originally Posted By: mcseal2Called 2 this week, got one and educated one. Got another today that was a target of opportunity from my driveway. The one I missed slipped in from a bad direction and I was looking right into the sun. I could see his head above the grass and held where I thought his body was. I must have run the bullet right down his side, lots of hair but no blood when I went to look.

I've been making young ones curious with brief bursts of fight sounds. The ones I'm hunting have learned to eat the starter feed we are giving our weaned calves under the bunks in the pasture, they aren't hungry right now. Giving a howl or two then short bursts of a fight sequence like a fox/coyote with lots of silence between is working. It's been tough getting anything else to work so far and I don't want to pull out all the tricks yet.

It is important to be able to note those patterns. I think a lot of guys miss that and are not as successful as they could be. Well done.

Originally Posted By: SnowmanMoOriginally Posted By: mcseal2Called 2 this week, got one and educated one. Got another today that was a target of opportunity from my driveway. The one I missed slipped in from a bad direction and I was looking right into the sun. I could see his head above the grass and held where I thought his body was. I must have run the bullet right down his side, lots of hair but no blood when I went to look.

It is important to be able to note those patterns. I think a lot of guys miss that and are not as successful as they could be. Well done.

Exactly!!!

And a little bit of encouragement goes a long way!!

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: azpredatorhunterOriginally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: azpredatorhunterOriginally Posted By: KC Coyote HunterI haven't been out much due to heavy rains, work, and my sons bowling tourney schedule. I can't access my prime areas due to crops..... I may be able to set in the beans....now that they are golden....

Good luck
mad.gif

It was a Tree Trunk and you need to relax! No no no, a tree trunk today, and next thing he pegs the farmers daughter with that cannon he's shooting. I am relaxed

Watching my son compete is important...that's the point. LOL...last weekend we were in St. Louis for a tourney...fun times. Family is first.... don't even ask about my golf game!!

A couple of you trying to make something out of nothing....doesn't matter to me at all. I had a bunny shot once, and my rifle wasn't in battery.....not being able to take that shot was painful. Because of this...Taking a random shot, and hearing the boom...even if its $2 per bullet...I'm OK with that... :p

It's all good!!

FkTards like AZpredhunter talking about farmers daughters and all that can kiss my #ss because you are out of line...... don't even go there....douchebag comments like that aren't needed in this forum. really?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: azpredatorhunterOriginally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: azpredatorhunterOriginally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: azpredatorhunterOriginally Posted By: KC Coyote HunterI haven't been out much due to heavy rains, work, and my sons bowling tourney schedule. I can't access my prime areas due to crops..... I may be able to set in the beans....now that they are golden....

Good luck
mad.gif

It was a Tree Trunk and you need to relax! No no no, a tree trunk today, and next thing he pegs the farmers daughter with that cannon he's shooting. I am relaxed

Unacceptable.

There are plenty here on this site that do things that others do not like. If you don't like it, just move along.

Originally Posted By: KC Coyote HunterWatching my son compete is important...that's the point. LOL...last weekend we were in St. Louis for a tourney...fun times. Family is first.... don't even ask about my golf game!!

A couple of you trying to make something out of nothing....doesn't matter to me at all. I had a bunny shot once, and my rifle wasn't in battery.....not being able to take that shot was painful. Because of this...Taking a random shot, and hearing the boom...even if its $2 per bullet...I'm OK with that... :p

It's all good!!

FkTards like AZpredhunter talking about farmers daughters and all that can kiss my #ss because you are out of line...... don't even go there....douchebag comments like that aren't needed in this forum. really?

Your the one shooting trees while hunting on someone's property.

I won't comment on the name calling... because it's one of the only thing's you will ever call.

Originally Posted By: 6724Originally Posted By: azpredatorhunterOriginally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: azpredatorhunterOriginally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: azpredatorhunterOriginally Posted By: KC Coyote HunterI haven't been out much due to heavy rains, work, and my sons bowling tourney schedule. I can't access my prime areas due to crops..... I may be able to set in the beans....now that they are golden....

Good luck
mad.gif

Unacceptable.

There are plenty here on this site that do things that others do not like. If you don't like it, just move along.

So why open your pie hole... I don't remember asking for your .o2

Let's keep it civil gentlemen. It's ok to disagree with each other, respectfully. There may be ways that others hunt that you don't agree with, I know that has happened to me.

But we can agree to disagree, civilly. Being critical is one thing, but hurling insults is another.

You have to be ready to be criticized on forums, including this one. I have had plenty of folks disagree with something that I have posted. They are welcome to their opinions, as am I.

Ok, ok... it was me. I pegged the farmers daughter. But that was a long time ago, I figured they were over it by now. Though she might lay awake at night and fondly remember I think it best not to bring that back up. Her daddy was pretty worked up over it when he caught us in the hay barn.
smile.gif

Back