Gemtech tracker?

steve garrett

Does anyone have one of these? It looks like a no nonsense can for the right price. Its not got the fancy outer titanium sleeve only in the baffles. It’s limited to a 10 round string of shots. But for 450 you get pretty much the weight of the ultra 7 maybe 1- 1.5 dbs less sound suppression, and that is a maybe . but for way way less money. It’s direct thread only, which is what I would want anyways. What am I missing here. Out the door this can is roughly half the money of an ultra 7

I think it would be a fine hunting can. The only downside I can see is length, 8". I have a 6" can and a 7.4" can. They sound the same to me but the extra length is definitely noticable, you wouldn't think it would be but it is. It is especially noticeable when fitting in gun cases or getting in / out of vehicles, etc. The longer can is also heavier but I don't notice the weight, I do notice the length.

I would highly recommend looking at the SiCo Harvester, it's an awesome hunting can and has direct thread inserts for multiple thread pitches. You can also use the Hellfire mounts from Area 419 for a taper mount solution. My rifles remain sub moa with this can and it has a very pleasant low tone.

I think that you are considering the right issues and have come to some good conclusions. Most can suppress to roughly the same db level. Weight can be an issue for some guys, and a titanium can might be the way to go for those guys. Length might be an issue for the way that you hunt and the areas that you hunt. Mounting is an issue to look at in deciding to go with direct thread to a QD approach. I like QD and outfit my guns with the mounts to accept the same suppressor. Finally cost can be a deciding factor. Usually, the lighter, shorter and easier to attach, the more expensive it is, usually. There are always exceptions to the rule. So while certain features may not be necessary, they might be nice and make for a more enjoyable suppressor experience.

Back