Non resident coyote hunting in Alberta

Heymartay

So how does a person get to hunt coyotes in coyote nirvana. I'm in Illinoid and see all these pale northern coyotes on the shows and would love to come up and go hunting . I'm pretty sure semi autos aren't allowed but what what else should I know .

You could do it two ways
1) go through an outfitter
2) make friends with someone in Alberta who would “hunter host” you.

No ARs allowed. Our government is scared of them🙃🙃

hunter host would be the easiest option the next would be going through a guide.
as far as your choice of weapon goes you can use a semi just limited to 5 round mags and it has to be on the pre approved "not scary" list

Has Sask changed the law about NR hunting Coyotes there?

When I Waterfowl hunted up there the law was no NR could Coyote hunt.

Thanks

Originally Posted By: 1lessdogHas Sask changed the law about NR hunting Coyotes there?

When I Waterfowl hunted up there the law was no NR could Coyote hunt.

Thanks

Law is still the same. Only Saskatchewan residents are allowed to hunt and trap coyotes.

Sorry that not entirely true. You can hunt them on reservation land with an outfitter I do believe.

Last edited:
So does a rem 760 make the cut? I have other rifles I just like using semi autos?Why is Saskatchewan so protective of their yotes when their pretty much considered varmints elsewhere .Anybody want to be my friend.

Originally Posted By: HeymartaySo does a rem 760 make the cut? I have other rifles I just like using semi autos?Why is Saskatchewan so protective of their yotes when their pretty much considered varmints elsewhere .Anybody want to be my friend.

I am not really sure. There is certainly no shortage of them here. I’ve heard they allowed non residents to hunt them in the past but quite a few deer were getting poached so they shut it down. Whether that’s the real reason or not who knows..

Originally Posted By: Heymartay I'm pretty sure semi autos aren't allowed but what what else should I know .

Semi autos are absolutley allowed in Canada, just not the AR 15 here are some allowed

Mini 14
HK SL8
Tavors
KelTec RBD RFB
ATRS Modern Varmint & Modern Hunter
Stag 10's
AR 180 B's
XCR's
Bushmaster ACRs
Benelli MR1's

Im sure there are more but this is a few Ive shot coyotes with in the past.
Non residents are not allowed to shoot coyotes in Sask and that stemmed from years ago when non residents were allowed and numerous were caught shooting deer. SK residents were pissed and the Govt put an end to it. Highly doubt non residents will ever again hunt yotes here in SK...which means more for me
smile.gif

Last edited:
Back